Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA81T vs. EA82T injectors...difference?

Was just wondering if anyone knew if EA82T injectors would swap into a EA81T. Also was wondering what the differences were between them like flow (lbs/hour), size, shape, etc. If anyone has done a swap or knows if they do swap or not, lemme know. Andrew has a set of EA82T injectors and I was hoping they would have a higher flow rate than stock EA81T injectors. Pics would also be helpful like side by side:D Thanks

Edit: I just found where McBrat had an injector problem but no one specified if they would swap. One person said that they are identical but someone else said they might have a different flow rate.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=11983&highlight=EA81T+injectors here is the thread by McBrat

The EA81/82 injectors are the same, they also swap over to the Nissan 200SX, or rather the other way around, the Nissan has adjustable injectors for it, would be a way to upgrade the ol EA motors.

The XT-6 uses a different injector, it's a standard bosch topfeed style, doesn't have the hose on the top like the EA's, and isn't a side feed like the EJ's, but you CAN swap them out with virtually any other make, that does use the same injectors.

The EA81/82 injectors are the same, they also swap over to the Nissan 200SX, or rather the other way around, the Nissan has adjustable injectors for it, would be a way to upgrade the ol EA motors.
So what exactly should I be looking for when I go to a wrecking yard? Just some plain ole Nissan 200SX injectors? Any specific year? A little more info would be greatly appreiciated because I have to build up my fuel system for my all powerful EA81TT:D

So what exactly should I be looking for when I go to a wrecking yard?
OK, just about any car with HOSE FEED injectors. easily identified by the hose on the top running to the rail.. also, dont worry about how it mounts donw, you can use the orings and retainers from subaru.

injectors to get = 84-86 300zx turbo injectors they are 370 cc.. keep in mind your going to need to lower your fuel pressure or get an AFC so you dont flood your car to death