Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Tire size question (4 the idiot me)

Alright fellas, lemme start by saying, "What would I do without your expert advice?" Now that I've covered that.... On with my perplexing question!

Here it is...

I have a 1992 Subaru Loyale and am getting 15" pug tires soon. What's the largest size tire I can fit on my Nerd Wagon without rubbing. I have no lift kit. I've heard I can fit 27" tires, but what size is that? I"m talkin "165/70/r13....gimme a tire size in that aspect please. Thanks

calm down GD... where would you be if someone didn't answer that question back in the day...

a 27" tire... no lift??? i'd seriously suggest a lift!! fitting my 27" superswampers was a surgery just with a 4/3 inch lift. not as bad in the front with the 4/3" lift... so if you are going for no lift.... i'm gonna strongly suggest a smaller tire!! check out the cooper discoverer stt tires. they are 14 inch rims but they are like a 25.5 or 26 inch tall tire! a little easier fit. with just shy of 26" tires on my old lift i didn't have to cut much in the rear. but had to in the front. with 27's and a lift i had to cut a few inches away in the rear! now for an unlifted... it'll be a lot more cutting...

but if you want to know about some offroad tires that fit on pugs... i'd suggest clicking on the picture on my signature. it'll take you to my webpage. got to the tech or mods section. there's an article about the tires fitting pugs.

if the link don't work...

www.westcoaststompers.com

all i'm going to say is you need a lift!! the lift is cheaper than the tires!!

tire size calculator... subaru brat has some conversion calculators... check that out.

http://www.subarubrat.com/Calc.htm

it'll look cleaner on a lift and require less trimming to facilitate suspension movement and tire size. i suggest a lift!!

Since the car is an EA82, they BFHing and sawzalling will be subsatantially less that you boys' EA81 cars.

Roger that. Its a Loyale; not an EA81 :rolleyes: Once you get the stupid plastic fender splash guards all out of the way there is a lot of room for height. Youll have to fold over that large seam in the unibody. Then roll the corners of your outer fenders so you can turn. Just keep making room as you see fit for turning and stuffing. I really doubt youd have to cut anything unless you wanted to.

The point is if you WANT them to fit they WILL but you have to MAKE them fit :)