Ultimate Subaru Message Board

WRX engine in a Porsche 911

I don't know of anyone that's put a WRX engine in a 911, but I do remember an eBay auction a few months ago where someone successfully put a 2.7 liter XT6 engine in a 911...

Yeah there is a company (in California iirc) that specializes in putting ER27's and EG33 (SVX) engines into Porsches.

If you can't find it elsewhere go to xt6.net and search "porsche".

If they can put an EG33 into a Porsche, they can put an EJ20G, EJ205, EJ207 or any of the other WRX engines into a Porsche, but why replace an air cooled engine (with the exception of the newer ones) with a water cooled engine. I know that the might cost less, but then you'll have the added costs of adding the cooling system. I have toyed with the idea of putting a twin turbo or a WRX engine into a 914 though.

yeah it's like 5 to 1 for price if the 911's motor is toast and it's sorta easy cause the oil cooler and tank reside in the trunk as it is so it is simple to run hard line for the cooling system up to a custom rad and then just make a scoop over the rear decklid for forcing air into the IC or you could also put a rad back there and do the scoop thing to scoop air into it and keep it cool and then have a FMIC put in front of the rad to cool the intake air

yeah it's like 5 to 1 for price if the 911's motor is toast and it's sorta easy cause the oil cooler and tank reside in the trunk as it is so it is simple to run hard line for the cooling system up to a custom rad and then just make a scoop over the rear decklid for forcing air into the IC or you could also put a rad back there and do the scoop thing to scoop air into it and keep it cool and then have a FMIC put in front of the rad to cool the intake air
WHAT???? They are in the engine compartment, the trunk on a Porsche 911 is in front. BTW, I think you knew that, but like most people, they think of the rear of a car as the trunk.