Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

oil adapters and seat brackets

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Alex C

Alex C

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 273 posts
  • Ashland

Posted 13 September 2004 - 08:30 PM

First off, Thank you WJM for my oil adapter that arrived today. Just one question, the part description on your invoice says EA82, I have an EA81, will it still work?

Second, Anyone here have loose seats or the back flops a bit? You might want to unbolt your seats, pull up the carpet under the seat, and check the damage to your outer seat brackets. This is a 16 gauge at best piece of flimsy steel. Mine was so bad the floor was dented down and their were cracks where you could see the ground. I had lost nearly 2 inches in height just from that one bracket. No that it is welded up and reinforced the seat is much straighter and doesnt wobble very much at all. I even had a one inch riser added all the way around, which brought the seat up to the perfect height, I really recomend it.
Thanks for all the hard work Tony.

Alex

#2 subiemech85

subiemech85

SIX STAR SERVICE

• Members
  • 2,710 posts
  • down by the river

Posted 13 September 2004 - 09:58 PM

yeah, the detent for recline didn't work, took cover off, cleaned out all the CRAP, and there is a bolt that is stripped out, so it rocks

also looking for a 2/3 seat lift kit

#3 subynut

subynut

EJ Powa!

• Gold Subscribers
  • 1,376 posts
  • Sierra Vista, AZ

Posted 14 September 2004 - 09:33 AM

First off, Thank you WJM for my oil adapter that arrived today. Just one question, the part description on your invoice says EA82, I have an EA81, will it still work?

Yup, it'll work. Subaru uses the same oil filter for the EA81, EA82 and ER27.

#4 archemitis

archemitis

guy smiley

• Members
  • 3,554 posts
  • the big minnie

Posted 14 September 2004 - 10:44 AM

lift seats??!
i lowered mine 2 inches =]
my 5'4" gf should like this suggestion tho

#5 subiemech85

subiemech85

SIX STAR SERVICE

• Members
  • 2,710 posts
  • down by the river

Posted 14 September 2004 - 01:08 PM

as being 5'6"+\-, it would be nice to SEE out over the wipers!!

#6 JWX

JWX

Lonely driver

• Members
  • 3,073 posts
  • Atlanta

Posted 14 September 2004 - 04:39 PM

lol short people make me laugh........seat lift...hahahahaahha.......too funny

#7 Qman

Qman

Happiness is... no lag!!

• 11,119 posts
  • Sumner

Posted 14 September 2004 - 06:12 PM

lol short people make me laugh........seat lift...hahahahaahha.......too funny

I am sorry, but...

I too was thinking the same thing. I had to lower my seats to be able to wear the helmet for rallyX.

#8 Alex C

Alex C

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 273 posts
  • Ashland

Posted 14 September 2004 - 09:05 PM

Well, I am 6'3" and I still have 3 inches of clearance over my head. I have plenty of room for a helmet etc.... (unless its a roman legionaire helmet :D ).

I have an 82 subaru with a ea81, so my seats are already to the point of sitting on the floor. I know the later models raised the seats a bit so Im sure this works best in early subaru's.

Prior to the seat lift my window sill was above armpit level by an inch. Now its below by an inch or so, big difference as far as visibility.

Alex

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users