Ultimate Subaru Message Board

oil adapters and seat brackets

Alex C

First off, Thank you WJM for my oil adapter that arrived today. Just one question, the part description on your invoice says EA82, I have an EA81, will it still work?

Second, Anyone here have loose seats or the back flops a bit? You might want to unbolt your seats, pull up the carpet under the seat, and check the damage to your outer seat brackets. This is a 16 gauge at best piece of flimsy steel. Mine was so bad the floor was dented down and their were cracks where you could see the ground. I had lost nearly 2 inches in height just from that one bracket. No that it is welded up and reinforced the seat is much straighter and doesnt wobble very much at all. I even had a one inch riser added all the way around, which brought the seat up to the perfect height, I really recomend it.

Thanks for all the hard work Tony.

Alex

Well, I am 6'3" and I still have 3 inches of clearance over my head. I have plenty of room for a helmet etc.... (unless its a roman legionaire helmet :D ).

I have an 82 subaru with a ea81, so my seats are already to the point of sitting on the floor. I know the later models raised the seats a bit so Im sure this works best in early subaru's.

Prior to the seat lift my window sill was above armpit level by an inch. Now its below by an inch or so, big difference as far as visibility.

Alex