Ultimate Subaru Message Board

suspension lift not body

jaws dawg

Welcome to the board!!!!!

you'd have to fabricate an adjustable one, but as soon as you adjust it out to correct the camber, your gonna extend your axles a bit further putting lots more stress on the joints.

or you could slot your strut mount holes and move the top of the strut inward.

how extreme is the camber? are the strut tops facing the right way. if the 2WD end is facing forward instead of the 4WD end, the camber will be off like you speak of....

Has anybody raised the front of their EA81's with the factory suspension adjusters? I have done this and am running into an extreme amount of neg. camber. I was hoping to find an adjustable lower control arm.

you could convert to an ea82 lower control arm with a little fabrication. the fabrication involves making the control arm mount behind the original. since the ea82 control arms curve froward versus the straught ea81, the wheels will be in the proper location for the axle and all. but this will set the track a little wider, and thus you will gain a little positive camber and more wheel travel. you can use the ea82 strut and knuckle assembly with a modified ea81 strut cap.

power steering inner tie rods can be swapped to the ea82 for the proper width.

I seriously doubt this guy has problems with negative camber because all us old school guys a fighting to GET negative camber. You have a problem with POSITIVE camber, which is when the top of the wheel tilts out and the bottom tilts in: \ / This is what old soob's front wheels look like. / \ This is what negative camber looks like.

Raising the front with the factory adjusters is almost a requirement for membership on this board. :)

My adjusters are all the way down on both my cars! :banghead: Can I still be a member?;)

I have my suspension adjusted all the way down cause camber is my primary pet peeve. But the 3" lift blocks fix any travel problems I might have :)

I wouldnt recommend having your front suspension adjusted all the way. It does add more stress to the axles and more camber issues. Its really not worth it for an extra 1" of clearance.

However, the rear end can be lifted without any problems at all.

-Brian