Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Part's car stripped

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dave valiant

dave valiant

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 570 posts
  • Rapid City

Posted 25 September 2004 - 08:10 PM

I finally got off of my lazy butt and stripped my 84 wagon.I pulled the blown up engine,the 4 speed d/r,and the 3.90 rear.The tranny is going into the Brat to replace the autotragic.I also got the drive line,the sway bar and assorted underhood parts.I used a very small 3/8 socket set an aceteline torch and a 624 John Deer front end loader.My freind Hende helped.We removed the top mount then put the car on its side,cut the exhaust off and everything practically fell off,if it didn't we torched it off.when we were all done we took turns running it over with the loader,and crushing it with the grapple(it's a log loader).It was a blast doing everything the monster garage way.Dave.

#2 beachbum

beachbum

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 431 posts
  • st.pete,fl

Posted 25 September 2004 - 08:45 PM

sounds like u had a blast:lol:

#3 dave valiant

dave valiant

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 570 posts
  • Rapid City

Posted 25 September 2004 - 09:32 PM

Oooohhhh Yeeeeaaahhh

#4 Turbone

Turbone

The Original Rob

• 12,139 posts
  • WA

Posted 26 September 2004 - 12:47 AM

Dave, you could have problems running the 4spd with the turbo. I tried this several years ago with a 84 T-Wagon and went thru 2 clutches in less than a month. If you want to spend the $ for a real good clutch, I would suggest putting a 5spd in. Its the gear ratios, to much torque in 1st and 2nd gear.

#5 LUVMYBRAT

LUVMYBRAT

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 589 posts
  • Laramie

Posted 26 September 2004 - 10:43 PM

if you need a 5spd I can swap you one for your 4spd, probably have the drive line stuuf too.

#6 dave valiant

dave valiant

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 570 posts
  • Rapid City

Posted 28 September 2004 - 09:36 PM

Thanks for that heads up Turbone,its nice to learn from someone elses mistakes.Luvmybrat you have pm.

#7 Syrinx

Syrinx

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 279 posts
  • St. Louis, MO

Posted 29 September 2004 - 08:20 AM

Hey dave just remember you need to give your auto slushy some credit for getting out of the gumbo in Onowa! You were one of the few.

Kurt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users