Ultimate Subaru Message Board

they don't all have leather....but most do. i personally would buy the svx. That being said I never had an svx though but I did have a legacy turbo once. The legacy was cool but really it is just a sedan...where an svx is a sports car. I put an svx in higher regars only because they are more rare and like I said sporty. Dogs are flexable for the most part....ususally they don't care what they ride in as long as they get to go for a car ride. If your dog likes to hang its head out the window then the svx isn't going to go too well in that dept.

My vote: SVX

Matt

leather seats vs dogs and harder to find parts versus TURBO station wagon?

legacy baby!

Station Wagon?????, who said it was a station wagon, Shawn didn't. I do tend to agree though, with the dog in the equation, the Legacy would be the better choice, without the dog in there, the SVX would be the hands down winner.

Buy an SVX, EJ20TT and a vaccume, and perhaps a towel if he drools.
:lol: An EJ20TT wouldn't fit, for the same reason it won't fit in any other left hand drive car. The EJ20G that came in the WRXs had more horsepower then the EJ20TT (by the way, the is not the correct engine code, but I can't remember the correct one at the moment), and the EJ207 even more. The twin turbo was created with a low end and high end turbo to compliment each other and give the engine a broader power range, not just more horsepower.

I just bought both! :brow: Solved that problem. The SVX is a cool car. 15,000 were produced. The figures I've seen for the Turbo are about the same. 12,000 being autos and 3,000 being 5speeds. I would have to say that in some cases the Turbo feels faster, like in the mid range, then my SVX. And I prefer manual over auto. If you lived closer I'd let you drive both. The SVX has higher handling limits, but feels heavy.

I just bought both! :brow: Solved that problem. The SVX is a cool car. 15,000 were produced. The figures I've seen for the Turbo are about the same. 12,000 being autos and 3,000 being 5speeds. I would have to say that in some cases the Turbo feels faster, like in the mid range, then my SVX. And I prefer manual over auto. If you lived closer I'd let you drive both. The SVX has higher handling limits, but feels heavy.

I thought it was 25,000 SVXs in the US.

Keep in mind that if you want a Manual Transmission, your choice is limited to a Turbo Legacy Sedan. The Turbo Legacy Wagon and SVX were both only offered in automatic.

That being said, the liklihood of you finding one of each for sale is somewhat slim, so I think your best bet is to keep an eye out for any of the above, and purchase whatever floats up.

Also, a lot have people have converted their SVX to 5-speeds. I know at least one person has converted to a 6-speed...

glad to see someone else with an SVX but be prepared to spend some money to keep it, there's always something to fix or upgrade...

Skip

I don't know why people are suggesting to swap in an EJ20TT or EJ20T. It's not going to have squat for torque compared to the EG33 that's in there. With that heavy a car, you'd have one gutless wonder.

If money isn't an issue, and you have time and money for the maintenance, the svx's are nice cars....but do require a little more TLC.

It will fit, just not as it comes plumed.

OK smarty pants, just where are you going to put the second turbo. I once had one of these engines and was going to install it into an EA series car. I am also a metal fabricator, so I know what it takes to fab new parts to make this work. The car that I was using didn't have that booster on the brakes so I had even more room to play with. Without dropping the turbo down so that it was right next to the tranny, there was no place to put the left side turbo. And that close to the tranny would only cause tranny heating problems. So, now you are talking about putting it into a car that has even less room the the car I was going to use, so tell me where you are going to move the left side turbo to and not create additional problems.

I don't know why people are suggesting to swap in an EJ20TT or EJ20T. It's not going to have squat for torque compared to the EG33 that's in there. With that heavy a car, you'd have one gutless wonder.

actually there are some folks who are looking into swapping out the STI engine(EJ25)? for the EJ33 in that the SVX is only about 200 or so lbs more than the STI it should work out quite nicely....

Skip