Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Detailing Questions... How do you remove

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 pearlm30

pearlm30

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 344 posts
  • Tampa, FL/ Bethlehem, PA

Posted 10 November 2004 - 07:55 PM

How do I remove all the dog hair enbeded in the cloth seat and capet left by previous owner? I quess I can pull the hair out one by one,but that will take forever! Please help
Thanks
95 Legacy AWD wagon

#2 northguy

northguy

O.C.A.L. Life Member

• Members
  • 4,352 posts
  • Chugiak, AK

Posted 10 November 2004 - 09:02 PM

Go buy the cheapest, gaudiest contact paper you can find. Peel the back off and apply it sticky side down. Lift up, and ta da!

#3 JonOfScio

JonOfScio

OMGZ!!! HATCH ATTACK!

• Members
  • 713 posts
  • Corvallis, OR

Posted 10 November 2004 - 10:48 PM

get a nice vacuum cleaner with a bristled tip attachment. rub and scrape all over. this will help some, but alot of it will have to come out in another fashion. ie: contact paper.

#4 lepetitprince

lepetitprince

USMB Irregular

• Members
  • 384 posts
  • Madison Heights

Posted 10 November 2004 - 11:46 PM

Can you say "duct tape fixes everything" :brow:

#5 dustyrider

dustyrider

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 306 posts
  • Palisade

Posted 10 November 2004 - 11:48 PM

Can you say "duct tape fixes everything" :brow:

i'm with this guy. works on clothes why not cars.

#6 Gnuman

Gnuman

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,399 posts
  • Richmond, CA

Posted 13 November 2004 - 02:15 AM

Duct tape is good, but the contact paper will cover a larger area at a time, making the job quicker.

#7 Bucky92

Bucky92

Drive Fast, Take Chances

• Members
  • 3,664 posts
  • New Milford

Posted 13 November 2004 - 07:34 AM

I used to own and run an auto detail shop awhile back (back in 96) and we used to use those cheapy sticky lint roller things.The ones that you can keep pealing back.Went pretty fast with one of those.After going over it with that we would just use the attachment from the vacuum for upholstery cause it would pick up whatever the brush loosened up. If you have a shop vac the attachment from you house vacuum should fit on it.

I know all the tricks for making a car look new again (could never tell by looking at mine though:) )

#8 Guest_lothar34_*

Guest_lothar34_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2004 - 09:10 AM

Get a latex glove like you'd use for washing dishes. Put it on and rub it across the seat. My friend used them and they worked wonders.

#9 Evanism

Evanism

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Amsterdam, NY

Posted 13 November 2004 - 12:04 PM

This may sound odd, but those 'Pet Hair Removal" sponges you see actually work, and work very well! I had a hard time with dog fur on my velour seats until I tried one of these and now I keep one in my glove box. I highly recommend it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users