Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Columbus, Oh meet???

i think i just need to top off the fluids, but first i need to fix the leak from my oil pan and get a new front u-joint and i think the car will be ready to fly. granted ive ben driving it for like two or three weeks on expired tags now and i need to get it inspected, but that doesnt happen if i cannt get it fixed.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I went down to waynes national forrest to check out some trails. I think I may have found a few, but I need to check with the ranger station in order to find out if they are legal. If not I will check around with some of the local 4x4 clubs and ,maybe get them to spill the beans where some good local trails are (within a 1.5 hour drive). We will be camping, so we may have to travel a little. I will be checking for trails 2-3 times a month or as my buget allows.

• 1 month later...

TTT

OK, only a few weeks to go until the meet.

Here is a recap for those whom have missed it.

What it is: subaru meet for all models

when: memorial day weekend. events start at 10:00am on SAT.

Where: Graceland shopping center, in Columbus, Ohio off of Morse rd, and High st behind the Krogers.

Events: Sat is camping and offroading,

sunday is meet/greet same time and location/ junk yarding, maybe a drive and dinner at a restaurant. basically TBD :)

contact info is Jason.osbornejp@gmail.com or IM.

Map:

mqmapgend?MQMapGenRequest=FDR2dmwjDE%3byt29%26FDJnci4Jkqj%2cMMCJ%3aHOEvq%3bw72gy7%3a%29rb214b%3a%26%40%24%3a%26%40t%3aqyb%3al4b%3aTD%15JFE%3aHOHQJ%3bw72gy7%3a%29rb214b%3a%26%40%24%3a%26%40%24x9%40

refreshmap.adp?z=8&rand=7735

Events: Sat is camping and offroading,

What kind of offroading? I am about 35 minutes from the Ohio boarder. I drive a stock Outback...so if it is more than just some mud, I don't think i'd be down for any 'real' offroading.

Keep us posted.

What kind of offroading? I am about 35 minutes from the Ohio boarder. I drive a stock Outback...so if it is more than just some mud, I don't think i'd be down for any 'real' offroading.

Keep us posted.

The trails are divided. There are some easier ones, and there are some hard ones. This way there is something for everyone. There is also a "mile of mud" pit that progresively gets deeper. Maybe we could have a "see who goes the farthest" contest.

Is your OB an auto or stick shift? There are some inclines where a low range or auto would be good.

Whether you are into offroading or not, don't miss this meet!!

Jason has done a lot of legwork to make this happen, and like he said, there will be something for everyone. The places he has lined up are easy to find, and the weather in C-Bus is perfect that time of year (unless it rains-of course)

If nothing else it'll be a chance to meet up with some of the biggest Sube derelicts in the entire midwest, and tap into the knowledge, experience, and resources in this area.

BTW, does anyone have a large kettle they would be willing to bring? I'm thinking about making up a batch of my infamous "Alley Chilli" for dinner on one of the nites, if anyone's interested.

John

Is your OB an auto or stick shift? There are some inclines where a low range or auto would be good.

Its a manual. I'll let you know later if i'll be able to make it. As of last week I lost most my vision in my right eye...so i'll have to see.

(Hah...that was a pun)

Sounds great.

I posted this on some local suby forums, and it seems that we will gathering a large crowd of new subys as well. They all have an interest in our old suby's(I dont know why?:P) but there will be a few STI's, WRX's, some outbacks, and some legacys.

This is turning into a pretty big event!

If you have a tent, and gas $$, you can realistically pull this off.

Jason has planned this out so that anyone low on funds can come to the meet, and still have a good time. Lining up the offroad site, and being able to camp there, makes it easy for everyone.

Just get your car ready, and start saving up for gas.

See you in C-Bus...

John

Yes, believe me, I am as short on funds as anyone. I am atleast 1` month behind in EVERYTHING, but Ill make it..(better since I organised it:P).

Dont kill yourself though trying to get here, I ma sure there will be another one.

yo jason i found you on the ohio subaru site. i have a tent, jim lined me up with the pizza guy to fix a heater core for some $$$ i was worried i wasnt going to be able to make it our own meet!

Cool, I have been getting worried as well, but if I have to I just wont pay some bills. Bills just dont matter anymore when your credit score is 540.

I make $1600 a month to fend for a family of 4, I am the only one who works, and yet we still try to live like when we were making 4k a month. Go figure.

I am glad you now have some fundage Miles.