Ultimate Subaru Message Board

can i run xt6 tanny in front wheel drive?

You will probally strip out the diff lock eventually.

yeah you can, we drove the RX with the diff locked and no rear axles.

as far as the diff lock dont actuate it while the car is moving!!!!! leave it locked and dont touch it

as far as the driveshaft just take out the rear half, leave the front half mounted to plug the tranny.

archemitis,

you can definitely do this without any problems, don't worry about it. pull it off and never think about it again. just be careful with pets in the interior, small dogs and cats will depress that freaking diff lock button. if you plan on leaving it like that for awhile i'd cover it up, remove it or something so it can't accidentally be unlocked while making a turn in front of oncoming traffic.

i'm repeating what miles said, because he's right. remove the rear half of the drive shaft and leave the part in from the trans to the center differential support. the rear half will come off by removing eight 12mm bolts, very simple.

then you can run different size tires front and rear too...not that you'd want to but you could.

can i run an xt6 manual 5 speed in front wheel drive? if i leave the rear drive shaft out, and lock the cender diff?

would this break anything?

well, in an ea81 body.... you will have to get custom axles... ones that have 25 splines on the DOJ cups...

this is why you should run a N/A 5spd D/R!!! ;)

i know! i did the similar conversion, or talk to Jerry from Yakima, WA, he bought custom axles that fit the 25 splines, and ea81 body...