Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Move your jeep to the side, SUBARU coming through!

newsance

Sooke is just 30 min nw of Victoria, which is on the southernmost tip of Vancouver Island, which is right across the Juan de Fuca straight from Seattle/Washington. And the cleavage obstacle pic I posted was not the hardest thing I made it over, others were hard in different ways, but that was the best pic I could find of the trail, they are not my pics. BTW my car was free, had no bumpers, 28" tires and 6" of ghetto-lift, so I didn't care much about trashing it either. Probably lucky I didn't snap my wheels off with that side load. My new ride wil be getting some suspension mods, and 6" lift, and is dual range too! I'll have to get some pics while I'm up there next. But believe me I made it through the crack first try, I went up there in my friends heavily modified jeep a couple of weeks ago (35" krawlers, posi rear, buggy leafs etc), and his back axle fell in and he flopped on his side into the crack (he's not the greatest driver though, I kept telling him left! left! left!, then plop.) Not saying that my soob can outdo his jeep or anything, he could drive one wheel right over my hood and keep the other three on the ground! Also, the trail is closed now but I have a secret entrance. I just go on weekdays to avoid hikers who might report me, though I have met a cop driving his cop car up there! And he didn't give a damn what I was doing, I have also met a lot of friendly hikers up there. Probably because my exhaust was still on :D

• 8 months later...

I have been wanting to take my '86 to the pipeline trail up north in Wisconsin to see how she does. My Jeeps always did very well

and I think my Subaru will also. I am always trying to turn heads. Basicly I am an offroad nut and do not care what I go wheelin' with as long as it is a Jeep or Subaru.

I think that my Subaru wagon does great on snowy streets, but I choose one of those "Toyota/Jeep" vehicles for 4 wheeling. Hancock pass is a fun road, very scenic. Not very rough by Colorado standards though. Actually it is rated a 3.

http://4x4trails.net/db_view_trail.php?trailNum=61

Let's go 4 wheeling, I'll take my truck, you take your wagon. I'll bring the digi cam and we can do a write up. I think it will be fun.

Here are some pics from the trail I ran last weekend, Coney Flats. It is rated a 4. That is me in my 210,000 mile all stock Toyota.

Is this too rough for a Subaru? What do you guys think? I wouldn't try it it mine, but I don't like to tear things up. I'd like to see if a Subaru can make it. Lifted or not. Any one want to give it a try? Any of you Colorado guys?

Obsticle1

Obsticle2

First, I don't see any obstacles in those pics that would make me take it out of 2wd in my Soob. If a truck that looks like that can do that trail, I'll guarrantee that my Soob will make light work of it.

Second, I know you possess a pirated copy of my offroad video that I never got paid for. If that video doesn't make you a believer, nothing ever will.

Out of all the vehicles in these photos below, which ones do you think had to use a winch to go up the Reiters Pit "Wall" trail? Clue. At least 2, but not the Brat.

well duh, we all know the brat is the greatest thing since sliced bread, that being invented the previous year. i want to have the fastest brat ever, but that will have to wait.

• 1 year later...