Ultimate Subaru Message Board

!!WA 9/15 meet and greet!!major update!! all read. !directions added!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well she's a new girlfriend. We just hooked up last weekend... and we're both busy all week.

We're not exactly tied together at the hip... but I really want to spend as much time with her as I can... and let's just say the nights will be a lot more interesting if I stay here with her :-)

EDIT:

Ok Ok, I spoke with her about it, and she said "Well, I'll still pass if I miss class. Let's just go!"

So Stefany (my girl) and I are back in! I dont think we can go offroading with you guys (there's 2 of us and my car isnt an off-roader) but we'll be camping with you guys.

Sounds like a cool chick. :) Glad you guys get to come along. More the merrier. Sooooomebody will have room for you for a ride or two.

and btw. . .

The first time I ever went thru EC was with a group of 5 stock Subarus.

Never can tell what you can pull off in one.

Eric

My sand buggy is 51% subaru (front and rear suspension). The tube frame is home made, and the engine is from a motorcycle (see photo). Is that close enough to a Subaru to participate?

I test drove it at Evan's Creek before my last trip to the Oregon Dunes, and I think I can keep up. It would be cool to have someone to run with in case I break something.

SubSandRail

post-721-136027584902_thumb.jpg

i was thinking the campground... but i never have got to camp on the fingers of 311... hmmm... i guess it depends on weather and roll call. can't remember exactly the last turn for the fingers, was the last one left or right and down.... if there's too many to fit up there i think the camp would be best cause that way everyone can intermingle, and meet new people. along with morning runs would be easier if everyone is centralized. you make the call eric.

Well, I just talked to a Ranger and Evans is definitely open. Fires are permitted in provided fire rings in the campground ONLY . No BBQ's or fires in rock pits either. Propane camp stoves are allowed.

If you guys are going to be there Friday during the day then you can probably grab up a few camp spots. I bet the turn around would work best and it has a fire ring inside the shelter if memory serves.

Jared, the turn around is at the far end of the campground. The shelter is right there as well. Not at the trailhead that is just for parking and would be a high traffic area.

SubSandrail, you are welcome to show up if you like. I've heard rails being on the trail before.

i didn't mean the first trailhead. the only shelter i remember was when you are entering the campground, either take a right, straight or a left shortly ahead. it was right before the start of the easy trail going out of the campground. is that where you meant? i think that was a turn around too. or is it the left or the right section of the camp when you are heading in. that way i know exactly where i'm tagging the shelter. and i don't grab the wrong site.

SubSandRail:

Bring your ride. because it's not just the hp that's invited, all makes and models that want to come. i was inviting several non suby's that i 4x4 with. they might not be able to make it though, due to the fact he bent the crap out of his front drivetrain on his yota, and he's frantically trying to get his solid axle conversion in on time. i am a hatch patrol member, but this was something i was throwing together, for every 4 wheeler on this board that wants to come, and for all my friends. HP or non HP.

Well since Im not going to be in regular school yet, darn strike:argue: I can probaly go on friday but I might have to leave sunday afternoon. I still dont think my girlfriend can come cause of our parents:( so Ill have plenty of room for people wanting to ride. This is depending if I can get my car together. Does anyone have the console and linkages for an 86 dual range tranny? I should be getting tires today I think and the beast will be ready:banana: Tex isnt comming is he. Jared call me.

Tex is going. I guess Jared's meeting him at his house and he is caravanning there.

I MIGHT drive down with tex and jared, but only if my girlfriend gets the day off work. If not, I'll be about 3 hours behind them.

Can anyone give me more detailed information on the campsite?

Tex mentioned that there's no fresh water source, but are there any sort of restrooms? Any electricity nearby? My girlfriend wants to know. Anything extra anyone recommends I bring?