Ultimate Subaru Message Board

So my dad just pulled in with the subie back from the shop. It turn out that the reason my car has been sitting in the driveway since NOVEMBER :banghead: was because of a rotten ground for the fuel pump. Sounds simple but like I said the car has been sittin here for 4 months and we thought we had checked everything. So finally I got fed up with my half assed attempts to fix it and had it towed to a real mechanic. It coast a little less than 300 dollars :eek: for the tow and the work ALL JUST FOR A ROTTEN GROUND :banghead: . Since the car was originally from back east the mechanic thinks that the salt they put on the roads probably ate the ground up. It was expensive rump roast hell but now I have a spare fuel pump and my Baby back. :) Id just like to say thanks again for all the help from everyone hear at the boar (even though everyone was way off) and that Im really starting off with a bad impression of the east side :cool: but then again I'm happy cause i have my baby back.

If any one wants a fuel pump for cheap E-mail me at AdrianFlack@verizon.net

PEACE OUT

Do you guys not use salt on the roads out west?? How do they keep the roads clear?
Ahhh....PENDOT salt, the bodyman's BEST friend!

Do they use cinders west of the Sesquhanna along with the salt?

It is funny, when I am traveling I-80 east bound accross Ohio going back to mom and pops in Schuykill County and you have had snow or ice in PA, the cars going west bound out of PA are all white with salt. By the time I get to the weather, the roads are in pretty good shape but then and my car is solid salt too.

They put some sort of chemical mixture that has cow piss in it around here. It makes everything (snow rain sleet ect) freeze at lower temperatures. Its still corrosive but not nearly as bad as salt.