Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ok. I mainly done this because after making the new brat My brother asked me to make a WRX Convertible. Well heres what I started with

sti_4door.jpg

And this is what it turned into

sti_conver.jpg

:::EDIT::: 22/04

sti_convert.jpg

How about that one?

I shortened the wheel base. took off the roof and B pillars, re-drew the spoiler, and done some touching up.

So what do you think of it? I personlly like the hard top version, but this looks kinda cool. I know some people who would prolly pick it over the original.

less of a hump over the rear wheel and a smaller spoiler would make it look better in my opinion. Nice job remaking the car though.

Yeah, I see what you mean. But I am trying to keep the bar as much original as i can (with still making it look different) I kinda like the bump, and the spoiler is.. well, I like it :-p.. Still, I like the brat i done better. I'll have to get a page up on my site with all these. I've been a little slack latlly.

Guest Vickaroo

I LOVE IT!!!! But then again Im a sucker for the convertible.... Nice job, maybe Subaru will give you a job on designing their next years model... Vicky

Nice photoshopping. I like the 'hips', hate the wing. But then, I hate wings in general ... wings belong on airplanes. I could see a hard top cover that covers the whole rear cockpit and makes a roadster out of it. I think you would need a crossbar of some sort to keep the cockpit from twisting.

Tres Kewel!

Chop the windshield an inch of two (the wing will have to be chopped propotionately) and you'll have something outstanding. If you chop too much it will look modified, you just want to shave enough off to make it elegant.

Other then that, it looks incredible...I need to learn to play with photoshop, it looks like fun.

I shortened the hole car, so i don't think rear seats would fit in a "real" version, unless you lost the boot.. I don't really like 2+2 or 4seated convertibles. So I took it down to 2 :D But I'm going to try and fix that "behind the seats" problem.. it doesn't look quite right.

A Targa top is a logical choice for the manufacturer because of the added safety of the Targa/roll bar.

It's hard the make parts that don't exist. It's easy to remove parts from pictures...

My .01

Glenn

82 SubaruHummer

01 Forester

I gotta say that the photoshop work on that is incredible, but to be honest the convertible doesnt really tickle my fancy.

I'd like to see a 2 seat Baja, so that it has a useful length bed. (I love el cominos)... If you've got free time after the STi and Forester work....

I gotta say that the photoshop work on that is incredible, but to be honest the convertible doesnt really tickle my fancy.

I'd like to see a 2 seat Baja, so that it has a useful length bed. (I love el cominos)... If you've got free time after the STi and Forester work....

I think theres a pick of a 2 seater baja on the brat thred I done.. check out the link in my sig, it should take you there.