Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Is there any diff between XT/Alcyone/Vortex?

They had more power and just about all of them had factory oil coolers.

Hmmm, I wonder how this was accomplished...was anything within the engine different or were the engine "accessories" more capable? Also, I wonder if anything in the interior was obviously different.

The XTs in europe had 136 hp without cat and 120 hp with cat. They were also available with a Full Time 4WD Dual Range transmission with diff lock.

We only had the XT Turbo, no XT N/A or XT6. The early XTs had the push button 4WD, but from 1987 to 1989 they had the FT4WD Dual Range and also a Full Time 4WD Automatik Transmission.

Lukas

well i had never heard of an XT6 untill i got onto a website the had some guy stashing one in a lifted brat(didn't know you could do that either)

the only subarus iv'e seen here with an XT designation are XT-Turbo stationwagons (leone/loyal) so you guys got some cooler stuff than us

We do have them here, they just arn't called XTs. Most of them i have seen in nz are called Vortex, altough i have seen the occasional Alcyone.

• 2 years later...

Sold in Japan as the Alcyone, with designations VS (NA), VR (turbo), and VX (flat 6). Sold in Australia and New Zealand as the Vortex (Vortex XT, Vortex Turbo, and the extremely rare Vortex ZZ6 (XT6). Sold in North America as the XT, XT Turbo, and XT6.Sold in Europe as the XT, XT Turbo, and XT6 (XT6 possibly only sold in the UK).

Sold in Japan as the Alcyone, with designations VS (NA), VR (turbo), and VX (flat 6). Sold in Australia and New Zealand as the Vortex (Vortex XT, Vortex Turbo, and the extremely rare Vortex ZZ6 (XT6). Sold in North America as the XT, XT Turbo, and XT6.Sold in Europe as the XT, XT Turbo, and XT6 (XT6 possibly only sold in the UK).

I knew Austin could get this all straightened out ( he is one of the XT masters);)