Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Is there any diff between XT/Alcyone/Vortex?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Phaedras

Phaedras

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 305 posts
  • Somerville

Posted 07 May 2005 - 06:28 PM

Yeah, do people in other countries get cooler stuff in their Subes? Mechanically or otherwise, what sets foreign XTs apart from the American ones, besides the name?

#2 operose

operose

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,264 posts
  • Potsdam

Posted 07 May 2005 - 09:11 PM

side marker lights are 3-dimensional rather than flat against body panel!!! :slobber:

#3 TROGDOR!

TROGDOR!

Pastor of Muppets

• Members
  • 2,106 posts
  • Morgantown, WV

Posted 07 May 2005 - 09:19 PM

I heard a rumor that European turbo XT's were available with FT4WD Dual Range transmissions. Also, the turbo was carried on until the end of XT production in Europe.

#4 BobBrumby

BobBrumby

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 583 posts
  • Brisbane, Australia

Posted 07 May 2005 - 09:23 PM

I think lsd's where optional extra in australia on the turbo's

#5 WJM

WJM

SUBARU

• Members
  • 7,828 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 08:31 AM

They had more power and just about all of them had factory oil coolers.

#6 Phaedras

Phaedras

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 305 posts
  • Somerville

Posted 08 May 2005 - 05:48 PM

They had more power and just about all of them had factory oil coolers.

Hmmm, I wonder how this was accomplished...was anything within the engine different or were the engine "accessories" more capable? Also, I wonder if anything in the interior was obviously different.

#7 LPGsuperchargedBrumby

LPGsuperchargedBrumby

Fully retarded and low on compression

• Members
  • 660 posts
  • Dunedin, NZ

Posted 08 May 2005 - 10:02 PM

well i had never heard of an XT6 untill i got onto a website the had some guy stashing one in a lifted brat(didn't know you could do that either)

the only subarus iv'e seen here with an XT designation are XT-Turbo stationwagons (leone/loyal) so you guys got some cooler stuff than us

#8 Lukas

Lukas

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Austria

Posted 09 May 2005 - 03:38 AM

The XTs in europe had 136 hp without cat and 120 hp with cat. They were also available with a Full Time 4WD Dual Range transmission with diff lock.

We only had the XT Turbo, no XT N/A or XT6. The early XTs had the push button 4WD, but from 1987 to 1989 they had the FT4WD Dual Range and also a Full Time 4WD Automatik Transmission.

Lukas

#9 Ross

Ross

Can't be bothered

• Members
  • 1,865 posts
  • Christchurch, New Zealand

Posted 09 May 2005 - 05:25 PM

well i had never heard of an XT6 untill i got onto a website the had some guy stashing one in a lifted brat(didn't know you could do that either)

the only subarus iv'e seen here with an XT designation are XT-Turbo stationwagons (leone/loyal) so you guys got some cooler stuff than us

We do have them here, they just arn't called XTs. Most of them i have seen in nz are called Vortex, altough i have seen the occasional Alcyone.

#10 austin

austin

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • JAX

Posted 24 July 2007 - 01:30 PM

Sold in Japan as the Alcyone, with designations VS (NA), VR (turbo), and VX (flat 6). Sold in Australia and New Zealand as the Vortex (Vortex XT, Vortex Turbo, and the extremely rare Vortex ZZ6 (XT6). Sold in North America as the XT, XT Turbo, and XT6.Sold in Europe as the XT, XT Turbo, and XT6 (XT6 possibly only sold in the UK).

#11 Bucky92

Bucky92

Drive Fast, Take Chances

• Members
  • 3,664 posts
  • New Milford

Posted 24 July 2007 - 01:46 PM

Sold in Japan as the Alcyone, with designations VS (NA), VR (turbo), and VX (flat 6). Sold in Australia and New Zealand as the Vortex (Vortex XT, Vortex Turbo, and the extremely rare Vortex ZZ6 (XT6). Sold in North America as the XT, XT Turbo, and XT6.Sold in Europe as the XT, XT Turbo, and XT6 (XT6 possibly only sold in the UK).

I knew Austin could get this all straightened out ( he is one of the XT masters);)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users