Ultimate Subaru Message Board

It lives!

WoodsWagon

My loyale is finaly lifted. It has the 4/4 PK lift and 30x9.5 tires on it. Its gonna a lot of trimming to stop the rubbing, but Its drivable. It only has the pushbutton 5spd, and the engine is running all wrong, but it moves under its own power. Tried some hillcliming in my sand pit and it could get only half as far as my legacy before stalling. But its lifted and rolling. :banana:

Its been a long process, but I finally pulled it off.

I worked all today repairing stripped threads and bolting things down. I crushed the frame rail a bit where the engine crossmember bolts on. guess I was a bit stronger than I thought.

What was cool was at least 5 people rolled down their windows and yelled out positive opinions of the car. One told me to put it in a 4x4 truck magazine. Its good to have a suportive audience.

I have a sand pit wall I do hillclimbing on. It's difficult to walk up on foot. My Legacy makes it 9/10ths of the way up, but the loyale now highmarked it by putting the front wheels up on the earth above.

I still have engine issues to solve, but I'm up to 2/3rds of my total steering range after taking the sledgehammer to it. The rear is completely non-rubbing now, all it took was a pair of channel lock pliars and a sheet metal hammer.

Sorry about the lack of pics. I have a camera, I have a satelite link, but I don't have the knowhow to combine the 2 to get pictures up here.

Back in the olden days, before people got so TV addicted, they relied on words to convey thoughts and images. The reciepient of a message used their Imagination to Visualize what the sender was describing. See if you can bring that long lost skill out of the closet where it was bannished during long hours of having everything handed to you visually. It might get some brain cells exercised.

I'm pissy because I've seen so many posts with people rudly telling them that its worthless without pictures when the writer has done more than enough to give something you can visualize. Like the snorkel thread, he used the stock SPFI hole from the airbox to the fender and ran it inside the fender untill he probably ran it through a hole in the side of the fender and ran it up the A pillar. I can see that in my mind, and I don't need a gawddamn picture.

I don't have the knowledge to post pictures on the net. I have all the equipment available, but I'll be damned if i'm gonna ask my dad how to post pictures on the net. Hell, I don't even know how to get them out of the camera. Techonoligcally benighted, yell, but I don't care because my Imagination gets me by. Learn to visualize stuff. And quit ***************in about "Useless without pictures". Its 4 am and I'm in a ***************y mood, but this needs to be said. everyone who doesn't post pics and optes to describe it instead just gets ************ from the people who can't be bothered to visualize the desciption and just takes it. That sucks in my opinion. I try to respect people here and be mostly helpful, and I don't see the point of giving someone ************ over not having pictures. Does it make you feel good to harass others?

Anyways, my car is whoopen arse, and when its finished, you can see it on the road or at WCSS8 hopefully. Untill then use yer imagination.

You do realize, of course, that everyone who is asking for pictures is merely interested in your new creation and would like to see for themselves what it looks like. To take another individual's interest in your project as an insult is grossly misreading the situation. With the exception of Brumby Boy, who is obviously playing around, everyone in this thread has complimented your work, as well as asking for photographs of your accomplishment. Perhaps rather than yell at the people who are interested in your rig, you should reread the thread and attempt to glean out the intent of each post, rather than to simply hot-headedly react based on a bad mood and the initial impression from a glance across an individuals post. [/rant]

yes, in the olden days people used their imagination, but once people realized how much more effective the eye is than the mind/spoken word, they scrapped that method like an '80s domestic. That said, yes, your car sounds SCHWEET! but we've all seen a lifted EA82 wagon, but in the subaru world, they're all different, so we want to see it!

THAT said...it's all in good fun, relax, we're still cheering you on

I guess for all you superior imagination and visulization skills you can't see this -> :lol: and know that your just getting a little razing. How about putting your pride away and ask dad how to use your equipment??? If you want to sit around the camp fire and tell stories that's fine, but the world has a lot more to offer now and that includes digital photos from anywhere to anywhere in the world at the click of a button!!! Tim

You shouldnt need to ask your dad how to put pics on the internet unless he has some crazy network management thing going on with your internet.

Its easy take pictures with digi or regular develop on cd or download to computer.

you post your pics in the message you type by using the attach files button below.

you will have to resize the pics if you go this route, and that can be done with photo editing software. (free download available on the internet someplace)

you could also ask if anyone would host your pictures judging by everyones lack of imagination you shouldnt have a problem.

You could donate to usmb and post them in the photo gallery i think thats how it works here.

besides that

lets SEE some lifted subaru action in new hampshire.

ps nothing is a waste of time if you have fun while doing it