Ultimate Subaru Message Board

my girlfriends idea of a test

i let my girlfriend drive my hatch today... i said, now dont forget to turn on the fans. i usually only turn it on when im in traffic, but when shes driving it i just tell her to leave them on... you know where im going with this. she forgot about the fan! she said it was in the red for about ten minutes, during traffic. :banghead:

i thought she was toast for sure, because there was no water left in the radiator at all. and im guessing if she said ten it was like 15.

needless to say my little hatch is fine as far as i can tell. no head gasket leaks, and oil pressure is still cool... ea81s are tough, if she was in the ea82 with gen 1 heads i woulda been screwed!

That is why you don't let anyone touch our Boobies:brow:

Here's one for you,

My wife decided to go to Home Depot. Both 97 Camry and 00 F250 are blocked so she takes my 83 Brat. Needless to say, she would never be caught dead in my Brat, but she is a willing to drive it, so I let her.

I am thinking... okay she is going to Home Depot to get Weed and Feed nothing major. Well, here she comes, I happen to notice my brat is sitting wierd:confused: . She pulls up and what does she have sitting in the back of my Brat, but 12 of this concrete block. These were some big mama jamma's. :madder: Come to find out they are not even the right size, so I end up taking them back.

What is the moral of these stories........ Never let the wife drive our subeeezzz....:headbang:

well, ever since my wife totaled her van, and i bought the acura, she has been drivin the ole turbo wagon all over the place..

i figured since the acura is in mint condition, and got $1k worth of stereo in it, i don't want it sittin in the same parkin lot where someone tore the side off the van and stole the tip off the subaru...

but i've explained to her all of the do's and don'ts. turn on the fans, don't slip the clutch, don't rev it over 5k. check the oil and radiator once a week.. etc....

she had the oil changed in it yesterday. so i got a keeper :brow:

i did tell her that if she totals the subaru she's gonna be walkin to work, since we won't be able to get another car, and she ain't totalling my acura..

in your case tho, i would deffinitely make her help ya rebuild that engine if it needs it.. make her get all greasy and black (the stuff that don't come off) only then will she learn to appreciate paying attention to what ya say, and how to treat a soob :grin:

she knows about motor installs, she is always on motor mount duty :brow: ... thats why i thought she knew... but it was a good lesson for her... after i said "thats the only thing that kills these motors!" a hundred times.

but she prolly thinks motors are invincible now:-\ !

i even told her about the old heater on hi trick, and if it gets cold, shut her down, now!

i put two hundred miles on it today, and no smoke and no coolant loss. so i think im safe

You might look at this as a blessing. The next time you want to work on your car you can vaguely point out that it is somehow, maybe, just possibly connected to the overheat incident which you have totally forgiven:) Should be good for a few guilt free hours of tinkering and who knows what else(OK we all know but it's a family board)?

Guest Vickaroo

OK! OK! OK! But arnt you guys the ones who love working on the subbies... hmmmmmmmmm I have an agreement with Tim and he lives by it... LOL :banana: I break and he'll fix it.... heck after all he makes a mess and I clean it... LOL so fair is fair.... I love it that I can play (muddin) and kowning I have someone to pull or push me out.... break my DRTYGRL and he will fix her... But.... to tell you the truth Tim is harder on the subbies then I am... Come on guys give us a break... we may not know how to change a motor but we know how to change the sheets.. LOL :brow: Vicky