Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Oil Pressure

WJM

So...

I stretched the spring on one...+5psi

I resealed and stretched the spring on another...installed it tonight...+15 psi....and NO aeration so no more HVLA ticking(old mickey mouse/pig on a bike gasket was BRITTLE and broken in several places).

However...i still want more. Its got aobut 50~55 at warm up, ~15 at idle when warm...and ~40 at cruise when warm.

EJ's have right at 100 cold...60~80 cruise warm...and ~40 idle warm. How so? New stuff me thinks....

So...worth it to sink $150 into a new pump?

Edit: I am running Motul 5w30 8100...100% Synthetic.

So...

I stretched the spring on one...+5psi

I resealed and stretched the spring on another...installed it tonight...+15 psi....and NO aeration so no more HVLA ticking(old mickey mouse/pig on a bike gasket was BRITTLE and broken in several places).

However...i still want more. Its got aobut 50~55 at warm up, ~15 at idle when warm...and ~40 at cruise when warm.

EJ's have right at 100 cold...60~80 cruise warm...and ~40 idle warm. How so? New stuff me thinks....

So...worth it to sink $150 into a new pump?

New engines often have smaller clearances in engine bearings etc, giving higher oil pressure than older cars with the same oil.

My ea81 (320,000km) is around 75psi cold, 50psi cruise and 20psi warm idle. Thats with 20w40 oil though, you may be running thinner?

I wouldn't be too worried about those numbers, as long as it doesn't drop below 10psi no damage should occur.

does anyone know how these numbers translate to a canuk car ?

mine says 0-3-6

low-mid-max

where should it be sitting at idle ?

mine is right around 3 at cruise

and just below 1 at idle

is this to low ?

its much better than it was before the pump replacement !!

does anyone know how these numbers translate to a canuk car ?

mine says 0-3-6

low-mid-max

where should it be sitting at idle ?

mine is right around 3 at cruise

and just below 1 at idle

is this to low ?

its much better than it was before the pump replacement !!

Idle seems a bit low, I'm between 1 and 3 at idle and just under 6 at cruise[3500 rpm], but that's with 15/50 synthetic.

my gauge just sits at zero does any one know if i can pull the pressure sensor of any other cars

i know it is the sensor because it went out after my upper raditor hose got a small leak and "peed" on it for a few hrs and i had to drive home etc

my car is an 89 xt-6 er27