Ultimate Subaru Message Board

something crazy... why U should own a subaru if You wanna piss off a maffia don...

Well, something I came up while waiting for my first subaru to arrive to my house (an 1988 GL wagon)...

When I was younger my older brother liked to tell me stories about Al Capone and anything ever related with the maffia world. My brother always thought that it was cool to get rid of the poeple who pissed him off by throwing them to the ocen with their feet deep in cement. (he was scary, trust me)...

Anyway, as I grew up I knew things were'n like my brother liked to tell me. But I learned a good deal and I guess I loved my brother's stories anyway. One of my brother's favorite stories was to say how the maffia would cut the brake lines of the cars of the people they wanted to get rid off and how that poor people would end up frying off the nearby cliff.

After listening to any of those stories I would later on search all the information I could about the car my brother described in his stories to see how right he was about the "cut-the-brake-lines" business. I discoverred that there are cars far easier than other.

So lets say that in his story my brother spoke about a GMC Jimmy, I would search all available resources to see how easy it was to ruin the brake lines of a GMC Jimmy.

What does this have to do with Subaru? well... if U ever want to piss off a maffia don, make sure you have a subaru and not a GMC Jimmy. A GMC JImmy is really easy to ruin. You open the hood clear as day you'll find the master cylinder and the brake lines accessible to your tools! (Actually is even easier done than said, that easy it is).

Now, open up the hood of a subaru and the maffia don will have a nightmare of a time to get anywhere near the brakes lines! Everything is a little cramped under the hood of a subary! XD You barelly have any space to move your toold in order to get to the brake lines! and if the spare tire is on its place (on top of the engine) things get even more interesting.

So, conclusion: if you want to mess up with the wide of a maffia don, or take some money out of the old man accounts or just tell him that his daughter is ugly as sin... make sure U are running a nice little subaru... or else we'll see you flying off the nearby cliff.

XD (I know, pointless... but I wanted to share anyway. I can't wait to get my subaru! there are a few maffia dons down here that I wont mind bugging off once I'm safely running in my subaru!)

When you start your car, where it your foot?

My foot is usually on the brake pedal.

If Don cut my brake lines I'd probably notice it when my

foot went clear to the floor?

At that point I'd be pumping the brakes wondering why they don't feel solid?

Instantly I'd remember that Don was following me around the day before... :rolleyes:

and I'd figure it out before I was speeding towards a real tall cliff. :cool:

I doubt I'd leave the driveway w/o figuring it out...Sorry Don got to do better!

mine's on the clutch :grin:

One on the clutch one on the brake.

On the "don" note... hey... they want you dead they don't really try to do it "sneaky". They usually just pay someone to do it. Depending on who you are... average people are easily killed for $5,000 by any low-life willing to pull a trigger. One of my friends was murdered by a "don" about a half a year ago... the "don" had his 18 year old son, Ruben Zuniga, pull the trigger and disappear to Mexico.

http://www.pimasheriff.com/MR2005/041505homicide.htm

http://www.pimasheriff.com/MR2005/042905felonyarrestwarrant.htm

Those are links to the press releases from Pima County sheriffs. I know the "don" did it because I used to work for them (long before this happened.) That is what happens to you when you mess with the mafia. They do REALLY like the Subarus though!!