Ultimate Subaru Message Board

possible wheels?

Hopefully I'm not talking out of the wrong end here - but the only different 6 lugs are ford/mazda and dodge trucks?? - and I'm not sure but I think they're the same.

What works are:

Toyota

Chevy

Nissan

Mitsubishi

Not sure about Isuzu? - I think they're the same - and I know this is WAAAAAYYY back - but *MY* spare is off of a Chevy Luv. (What I was originally looking for before I got the BRAT; full-circle eh???)

Hope this helps - and even more so; I hope I'm right on all of this! :D

- Erik Hosa - Tacoma, WA -

• 5 weeks later...

Count in Isuzu!

Isuzu are identical to Toyota bolt pattern.

A friend and I had some railroad wheels made for his toyota and they also fit my Trooper :banana:

(this doesn't sound legal?)

Whooooooo!, Whooooooooooo!:burnout:

I'll probably end up using spare Isuzus for centers on my buggy.

For what it's worth,

Glenn

82 Hatch, ...well it used to be.......:temper:

01 Forester, .....still is and proud of it :burnout:

chevy rims will work. supposedly they have the wrong offset, but they will work good enough to drive on.

the set i made were on the trashwagon, then my sedan, then the 2wd to 4wd conversion, and now on the RX. they got 205/55 rubber on them, and are wide as a steamroller!

they do shimmy a little but, but that is all relative to how good evenly you grind away the center to fit the hub, and using the right lugnuts. otherwise it may wallow out the holes a little.

but now they are balanced and have 21mm nuts, they are a lot smoother at 75 mph

Bushbasher do you know roughly what year of nissan your wheels are from and is 3/4 of an inch increased offset noticable, i'd like the sube to have a wider stance. I'm looking for a larger rim+tire to match planned 2 inch front lift and 3 inch rear. Any suggestions for a good offroad tire?

what would be a good suggestion for a wheel that i only had to drill for lugs, not center fit? i am wondering because i don't want the shudder described above. my car already shudders from my half axles. i've heard toyota has little offset. the offset doesn't really matter. i just want a wheel that fits as snug and secure as possible.