Ultimate Subaru Message Board

LSD? am I halucinating or what???

were things things put on subes during the years of the hippie or what.:grin: No seriuosly I've seen alot of posts talkin bout em.and I'm curious as to how to identify. do they have a marking on the tag or some way to decifer the the #'s. What cars typically had the lsd,and by the way am I correct by calling it a Limited Slip Differential?

Someone had also posted a pic of the LSD label; it's quite obvious. Also, if the car has all the wheels off the ground in the wrecking yard, you can check for LSD capability by rotating one rear wheel clockwise; if the other wheel rotates in the same direction, it's an LSD rear; if in the opposite direction it's an open differential. Good luck.

Cool. Thanks for the info. where i'm at our school gets at least one new sube every three monthes to trash on. The students beat the death out of them and then they're crushed . it almost makes a guy cry but the good part is I can take anything I want thats not trashed. typically body and interior is pretty well done for but drive train is still intact.:banana: