Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Air Breathers?

Jibs

I don't know if anything what I am looking for exists, but here goes. I'm gonna install my weber soon and the 2 hoses that come out of the valve covers on either side of the engine concern me a little. They don't get covered with anything so I was wondering if there was a breather or filter that would fit these hoses? I talked to a buddy of mine who covered them and he had a little bit of an oil leak and pressure build up. I don't like that. I know that anbother friend of mine has a modified fuel filter hooked up to his. I could do that I guess, if nothing else comes about. What do you suggest?

I asked someone about this awhile ago when i thought i was going to do this swap. Get a lenth of rubber hose the same diameter as the original stuff and long enough to go from one valve cover to the other right behind the carb. Now that you have that get a (T) fitting and cut the hose and install the (T) fitting and then hook a hose up to the PCV valve. Then cut the hose again and install another (T) fitting. This one is where you will hook up another shortish hose and push in a chevy type breather. You can then zip tie it to the spare tire support or there abouts. The breather (T) fitting should be to towards the pasenger side in relation to the PCV (T) fitting. Im only going on what ive been told but the person who told me this said it worked just fine. Hope this helps.

I know that Mcbrat had done this on his brat.He hooked one side to pcv and a small filter on the other.I have seen these small filters at many auto parts stores.

Thats the first way that the guy told me he hooked it all up. He had a problem exiting freeways though because the oil would build up and go into the intake through the PCV valve when he made a hard right corner. Thats why he switched it over to the way i described above.