Ultimate Subaru Message Board

"Dragon 2006!"

OK, so on XT6.net they are already talking about The Dragon 2006 meet. So I thought I'd bring it up here. The XT owners have the most fun, naturally. If you're wondering "What is this 'dragon?' How do I get one?" you've come to the right place.

The dragon is an 11 mile stretch of road with 318 curves. Curve after curve after curve.... you get the idea. Now Huck and KBD like to take this stretch of road at about 80mph. I don't recommend it. I will be taking the dragon at a nice pace of about 40-50mph, which is what most passengers prefer.

The dragon resides in Western North Carolina. There's not really anything around, so we stay at a place called "Fontana Village." I don't recommend getting a cabin. Get a room. They have TV's and soft beds. The road leading to the dragon is curvy, and Fontana Village takes forever to get to.... but its worth it. It is so beautiful up there!

When we start getting some dates, you should consider coming! Or, you can hop over to www.xt6.net. Lets show NABISCO (ha ha) that they aren't the only ones that can take on the dragon!

that would be me that started that on xt6.net come on folks I have seen the pics and it looks like a great time. I am going to be a dragon virgin and you can be too! KBD makes the trip from CO. so i think it might just be worth the trip... (for me it will be about 500 mi or so)

Even though it is an "xt6" activity it is open to all subarus...heck I am going in my impreza Lord willing ofcourse!

Plan your vacation days at work accordingly!:D

The cool stuff is far away from us, too. We came from Colorado last year! 1420miles one way. It was pretty darn fun.

I am experienced on the dragon. :brow: I drove on the skyway which is a more tame version of the dragon. The rest of the time KBD drove. If you have a weak bladder, don't drive with him. :-p

Hey hey hey... it was Hucks fault... I was just keeping up with him.:rolleyes: I'll go again because I have the SUPER DELUX NASIOC JAPANESE LISENCE PLATE for longest distance traveled. W000!!!1!1 I just dont want to ship it. If Roni Drives or if Jeffs car actually makes it, maybe they can take it off my hands... or I'll just get it back to the impreza peoples. For those worried about the distance, I took my XT-6 with like 150kish from CO to NC.... round trip with stops at the Oz museam and the big arch in St Louis was about 3K miles... I only had one issue which was a long time coming btw.... (alt was the last thing on the "list of things I haven't replaced") Theres always the perks of being faster then the SVXes or trailing wrxes... or yelling at Austin(xt6 austin) to not run over the bikes:brow: and stay on his side of the road.:grin: Gotta be careful though... something seems to get broken every time.

I might bring Dorothy, but I have a list of stuff to do that I'm being very lazy about. Mostly because I don't know what in the world I'm doing and I need help doing it. I suppose someone can ride with me, but I'm not sharing a room with whomever it is! Dorothy almost made it to the Dragon last year, but she broke. Mostly because stuff got replaced in the engine, and she only had 25 miles of test driving before she headed out from Texas. Her former owner drove a rental car the rest of the way.

On another note, BRING YOUR OWN FOOD to the Dragon. The resturants and general store are SUPER overpriced.

Yeah, something almost always breaks. Or someone Rick's it up.

Darn straight, you're coming. The deal with the license plate? NABISCO (ha ha) has a license plate from Japan that they give to the person that drives the farthest. KBD has it right now.

Xoomer- we're not sure when it will be. We go with NASIOC so we can crash their bbq's and activities (and steal their license plate).

P.S. Jeff- Dude... English. I know you know it. :-p

dude...dave and melis are the last to get anywhere...trust me on this. The odds of them being last anywhere is about 100%. :lol:

But to their defense....they did have a blowout on the way down last year though.

Blow out was due to the back driver tire had a slow leak...freaky too because I was cruisin' pretty darn good and then some mini van was flashin' and honkin and pointing...hehe first time for everything, but '06 I will have the "new" Shelbs and there will be no problems...doesn't matter if I make it first..last or inbetween...I always make it and it's never a dull moment

the raffle is on again this year so be prepared:grin:

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...