Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Appreciated Fellows,

I have Two Subies: one is my EA82 Carbureted wagon 2WD That came from California, USA, Model 1985. The other is practically the Same wagon but the Honduran Model, on which I retrofitted an ER27 engine. The trouble I got is with the EA82 carbed one...

The original carburetor (which worked fine until the 250K miles) is now ruined. it failed and I took it to an "Expert" in carburetion mechanic, who mixed it up with Nissan's carburetors parts... and broke it up.

The official Subaru Dealer for Honduras sells a "Half" carburator, which is the base with all needles, gaskets, etc.. in it, but it is LADM
(Latin American Domestic Market) Specs and does not fit the USDM ones... So Now I have a Soup of Carburetor parts... And I need your Help.

Wich one is better to buy and why: A brand New Hitachi, or a Brand New Weber?

I do prefer a Weber, but someone told me that webers have a bad gas mileage, Is it Right?

Please: Help me Soon... Kind Regards.

Edited by Loyale 2.7 Turbo

Bienvenidos. The Weber (I'm assuming you're talking about the 32/36 DGEV conversion) is less expensive and just as economical on fuel. You'll probably pick up a little extra power, as well, but it's not going to compare to the ER27, which makes me a little jealous.

The weber as a lot of people have found gets about the same if not better gas milage than the hitachi. If you have to pass emissions then this might not be the carb for you cause it does not need emissions stuff run. The hitachi is cheaper and is a fine carb if rebuilt correctly. I have a ru-builders hitachi that runs real nice. Its all comes down to cost i think. If you want to pay a bit more and get better performance get the weber. If you want good performance for less than the weber get the hitachi. Try the search button. There is alot of info about this subject.

EDIT: All of my talk about webers has been about the 32/36 not the carter weber one barrel. If your talking about the one barrel go for the hitachi for sure. The one barrel is crap.

My personal advice would be to dump the Hitachi and run with a Weber 32/26 DGV (or DGAV/whatever) because it would be a lot easier to rebuild in the future, and parts are easy to find for that carb. My expierence with Hitachi carbs has not been good, I went so far as to run the wires and convert to Fuel Injection - now I don't have to worry about all those nasty little adjustments. If you are interested in it, I think there is a manual on it - the Single-Point Fuel Injection (SPFI) or Throttle Body Injection (TBI) as most call it is a fairly simple conversion; you keep your heads and all, just change out your exhaust Y-pipe, and your intake manifold, in addition to the wiring, etc that needs to be done.

Good Luck!!

PS - the 2.7L Turbo Loyale wasn't stock was it :eek:

and if it wasn't good job on the mod :clap: I know that was NOT easy

Hi Guys! :)

Well... Actually I urgent Need the Complete Kit for my 1985 2WD Loyale GL, with the EA82... The Hitachi Died long time ago, But since I need often this car, I have it running with a Nissan's Sentra 1600 Carb... and it runs PATHETIC!

Pathetic in this case means that this carburetor does not have enough power for high revs. and changing needles only does it take more gas... for nothing happened... I hate this Situation, so I need Urgent a Weber One... Please.

I live in Honduras, Central America but there is no problem with internet buying, We here do it almost everyday... Our office have a Mailbox in Miami... So it will be Shipped to Miami and then here. No problem.

Please: Give me the Correct "Direct" Link to buy it inmediately, but I only want to Know Three things before buying:

• Is that Kit designed exactly to fit on my EA82 Engine, also the Air Filter Box?
  • Is that kit Complete? Because I live in Honduras and I don´t have time to wait for each part to come individually, I Need them All in one box.
  • How is the Gas Mileage diference between the Stock Hitachi and the Weber?

Last Info: I need the "Electric Choke Version" Thanx a Lot :)

P.S: here is an Image of the my other car,

Subaru Loyale 2.7 (It has the ER27 Engine from a XT6) Project.

Subaru_Loyale_LE_SportsWagon.jpg

Edit: the Project 2.7 is Dead,

please follow this ~► Link to read further information.

Kind Regards.

I KNOW Hal has a complete 1986 carb sitting in his JY - it is in the White 1986 Station Wagon on the Driver's side floor - there is also a tan 1986 station wagon that should still have its carb too - both are 4WD, but that should not make much of a difference - he does ship internationally, and he could get you a real, complete kit too his website is www.halspartsandservice.com many other board members also use www.1stsubaruparts.com

I know hal shipps FAST - in fact if you call your order in today, it could very well be shipped before the weekend, though I do not know how he handles international stuff for liability reasons - make sure they know it is a US model, or they won't be able to help you

had the question been asked a year ago, I could have shipped you my old carb parts and such, but I discarded them long ago ....

Good Luck

• 4 weeks later...

... the 2.7L Turbo Loyale wasn't stock was it :eek: ...

Of course not, that was a Project.

I received my Redline-Weber K-731 retrofitting Kit,

So, the Continuation of this Topic, is in Here:

~► http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/50694-weber-swap-done-how-to-connect-heads-tubes/

Please, follow that link to see the Progress of the "Weberized" Subie.

Thank you all  :) Kind Regards.

thlockdsmiley.gif

THREAD CLOSED