Ultimate Subaru Message Board

help, im stuck for sure..

ok - this little car is TESTING ME...

i pulled the hood release at the gas station to check the oil / water, like i do everytime i put gas in, and the damn handle and about 3 feet of cable comes out with it... now, how the hell do i get the hood open to fix this? this has NEVER happend to me before so yeah - i dont know how to fix it...

any ideas, im really :banghead: here

bean

I've never done this myself, but apparently you can reach the release mechanism with a screwdriver or some other prodding device by reaching up in front of the radiator from under the bumper.

One of my soobs has a string attached to this as a temporary fix.

Originally posted by Snowman

I've never done this myself, but apparently you can reach the release mechanism with a screwdriver or some other prodding device by reaching up in front of the radiator from under the bumper.

One of my soobs has a string attached to this as a temporary fix.

ill try that.... any others / people with small hands wanna help?

Now that you have hopefully got the hood open, I would go down to Subaru and get a new one. They are about $20 bucks and since theoriginal one lasted 120k+++ miles, this next one might even out live the car.

Hood pins are great unless someone steals them. But are time consuming to do.

Originally posted by richierich

Now that you have hopefully got the hood open, I would go down to Subaru and get a new one. They are about $20 bucks and since theoriginal one lasted 120k+++ miles, this next one might even out live the car.

Hood pins are great unless someone steals them. But are time consuming to do.

havent messed with it yet - heres the messed up part....

I need a new terminal connector on my positive side of the batt. and i have it in the glove box, but havent replaced it yet.. so yeah, im hoping it dosent mess up while i cant open the hood.

Ill give it a shot this afternoon..

:banghead:

got it, i reached my arm up there (it got stuck) and used my finger to flip the latch, i got it :D so, until my part comes from subaru, its rigged with the old cable, ran through the hole tied in a not... hangs just below the bumper, on the front spoiler.. my freind asked what it was, i told him it was my pull start...

thanks for your help guys!:headbang: