Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Wiring Process

I understand it’s possible to swap an EA82 to a WRX motor that’s fine. What I

am a little worried about is the ECU wiring or the entire motor wiring. This is what

I want, a WRX motor in a Subaru Leone I understand it fits in what I am not sure

is the wiring how will that be done can I get some diagrams or something to guide

me though the wiring process.

Thanks

You don't have to scream, we can hear just fine.

If you do the swap, online manuals will not be sufficient, and depending on where you get your cars, the USDM manuals may not work, the European ones might be better, if Nairobi is in fact where you are from.

Its definitely doable, Superdave did the swap with a JDM EJ20 and his car is all sorts of quick. If you do put in the WRX motor, you HAVE to upgrade the brakes, the brakes were made to handle 90 horsepower, and with close to 250 depending on what model and year you use, you won't be able to stop, or use the engine to its full potential if you don't have adequate brakes on the car.

Not screaming my way of showing importance why do you say im screaming. Anyway Superdave hooked his ride up proper and it was a bit easier for him since his car was a turbo too. About the brakes I got that covered ill get the rear brakes from a turbo ea82 my rear brakes are drum I know the brakes won’t be so good but I am ready to take that chance. Only thing I wasn’t sure was the wiring, how to go about it the main problem is the wiring and my model is 1991 leone.

Please use size 2 font, not the size you are using, it sucks bandwidth and there's no point in doing it. when you use a bigger font, or ALL CAPS its the internet way of "screaming" Do you think that the other 10,000 posts are not important because they use the normal font size?

the rear disc swap from the EA-82 will not get you even close to where you need to be as far as stopping power necessary for a EJ turbo.

Again, does Nairobi get European or American based cars? that will make all the difference in wiring.

the large font also makes your discussion threads longer (page wise) and harder to sift through. it'll be easier in the long run.

i'd plan to use an entire WRX engine, wiring and ECU. using the existing wiring would be a chore. if you want to use the existing wiring get the FSM or relevant FSM wiring diagrams and sort them out one at a time. label them meticulously.

I knew about caps not font size sorry. Well i im not sure about the European or American how do i know. All i know it comes staight from Japan and its right hand drive. For now im not worried about the brakes so much will come to that later in any case what do you advice about the brakes my main aim now is to get the wiring problem out first.

Thats what i thought that using larger font would be easier to read through. Im planning to do the same to use an entire WRX engine, wiring and ECU as you said, what im not sure is the wiring to the Ecu what cables go to the Ecu for it to work are there any cables that i need to connect to the Ecu or any other wiring to the motor and Ecu.

if i were you i would also go to 5 lug suspension, you get better rims/tire options, not to mention you can run wrx everything brakes-wise ( might need to use WRX master cylinder) but the bottom line is you need anything that is drivetrain related, and most of the suspension related stuff from the WRX, or impreza. any sort of EA braking scheme is not going to be adaquate enough for at least 220 chp, you'll crash into......whatever they have in Nairobi......

~Josh~

I got new Suspension, rims, tires, brake disk and pads. I was thiking of using a Wrx master cylinder wasnt sure if it fits in right. And i will not be racing around all the time ill keep within limits i really want to get rid of my ea82 tired of it. Once again the engine and ecu wiring still the problem.

What country are you from?

Here in Australia, some guy is making a kit to make liberty/legacy disks, hubs ect fit the l series and he is mass producing them.

www.ausubaru.com may be of some help to you. there are plenty of guys who have done the ej20t conversion to l series

Im from Kenya. Thanks really helped out big time:headbang: