Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Someone told me a while back (when I wasn't interested enough to remember it) that some of the early Imprezas came with 13" wheel rims. Not sure if they were alloy or steel. Anyway, if they were available does anyone have a set and will they clear stock brakes and calipers in a '94 Impreza sedan?

I believe I have seen them. They may have been 14" but they were the (usually) white ones with grey bumpers. BASE BASE models.... I swear I saw one with loyale hubcaps on it though.... hense the 13" rims. They WERE on FWD models just to let you know. I dont know if they would clear though.

My mom's OBS has 14" rims (stock) and thats the smallest ive ever seen fitted on an AWD model. maybe go into les schwab as ask for a test fit?

yes there is such thing as 13" impreza wheels. The 2wd early cars came from factory with them. I don't have any but i can tell you

one thing...autozone lists different parts (rotors etc) for cars with 13" wheels so you might want to procede with caution (don't buy them before you try them)

The impreza's that had a full wheel cover with little dimples in them at the lug nuts if I remember correctly were the ones that are 13" (no alloys)

Sounds like your question has been answered, but this link might be helpful to the OP and others...

Tires and Wheels FAQ from Cars101.com:

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/tiresandwheels.html

Per this link (some?) 1993 to 1995 FWD had 165/80R13 M+S on a 5" wide rim.

Lots of good info on that one page, I've posted it before but not for a while. It has offset, rim size, tire size, etc. for many models and years.

Steve

i've got a set...actually two sets and i think they should clear your brakes......dont take my word for it....but when i got replacement pads for the car i got the brake pads for a 13" wheel (b/c thats what it has)...took them home and they didnt fit...so i called back napa and said they dont fit..we couldnt figure it out, so then i asked him to measure the 14" wheel pads with a ruler and they were the same measurement as the ones that were currently on the car.....so i guess the calipers that are on the car are also the same calipers for a 14" wheel, well at least the pads are for sure

note: this is coming from a 93 FWD impreza L.....so maybe since its FWD it is equipped with better front brakes...i dunno?

hope u could understand this^

Sounds like your question has been answered, but this link might be helpful to the OP and others...

Tires and Wheels FAQ from Cars101.com:

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/tiresandwheels.html

Per this link (some?) 1993 to 1995 FWD had 165/80R13 M+S on a 5" wide rim.

Lots of good info on that one page, I've posted it before but not for a while. It has offset, rim size, tire size, etc. for many models and years.

Steve

That is a useful link. I may continue to look into this. If I can keep my existing rally tires instead of spending $450+ for a set of slightly used 14" Silverstones I will be tickled.