Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I get to much speed whit my big tires

ahlman

I have put new bigger tires on my subaru brat -87 but now I think the speed is to high for offroading. what is the best thing to do?

I have seen many subarus with bigger tires than mine so I gues its possible!?

Im sorry for my bad english, but Im from sweden:banana: ;)

hope you can understand:)

I think you need a transfer case. It will give you a lower "low-range" off-road.

There are people on this board that have done it and can guide you through the process.

what kind of transfer do I need, and I gues I have to lift the car much to get space for a rear axle under the engine.

I have put new bigger tires on my subaru brat -87 but now I think the speed is to high for offroading. what is the best thing to do?

I have seen many subarus with bigger tires than mine so I gues its possible!?

Im sorry for my bad english, but Im from sweden:banana: ;)

hope you can understand:)

I run 27" tires wouldnt go bigger for hill climbing

does your car have a dual range

I run 27" tires wouldnt go bigger for hill climbing

does your car have a dual range

here its verry hard to get smaller offroad tires than 30" this tires is from my suzuki samurai. and I have plans to go even bigger:grin: :grin:

yes its a dual range.

it all depends on the terrain you're going to be on....

I'm running 30's, but have lots of other mods to help compensate....

something for you would be to get a 3.90 D/R from a 85-89 Wagon...

PDC_0019.JPG

and if you plan to go bigger, then you will definitely need to look into the t-case swap. Nissan 720 or Sammy divorced t-case could work. lot's better gears available for the sammy t-case....

something for you would be to get a 3.90 D/R from a 85-89 Wagon...

Something to note. Here in Australia it is all random which diff ratio you got in the 85 to 89 models. I have seen a 85 with a 3.9, 87 with a 3.7 and a 88 with a 3.7. The 87 was a "sports wagon" and the other two were "touring (high top) wagons." This might be the same in Sweden too, or it might be the same as the US. Look for a sticker on the rear diff that gives a ratio number.

Something to note. Here in Australia it is all random which diff ratio you got in the 85 to 89 models. I have seen a 85 with a 3.9, 87 with a 3.7 and a 88 with a 3.7. The 87 was a "sports wagon" and the other two were "touring (high top) wagons." This might be the same in Sweden too, or it might be the same as the US. Look for a sticker on the rear diff that gives a ratio number.

In the US at least, it's not based on year, it's turbo vs. non-turbo (or part-time vs. full-time, but for the most part, those are pretty similar). turbo's having the 3.7, non-turbo's having the 3.9

but yes, double check before using anything

In the US at least, it's not based on year, it's turbo vs. non-turbo (or part-time vs. full-time, but for the most part, those are pretty similar). turbo's having the 3.7, non-turbo's having the 3.9

but yes, double check before using anything

I have check, it is 3,999