Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Offroad Videos Walker Valley Soobies plus Toys

Scott in Bellingham

heres a link to some offfroad videos from some of our Walker Valley adventures:banana: :banana:

http://www.loghomefamily.org/subaru/

hope you enjoy them , this year we have made it to walker 3 times and each time its been different, we will go again once the guys get on the Ball and finish up their car mods, thanks Rollie for shooting most of it

Dsc03858.jpg

Great videos guys! Zapar looks like you need to weld up that rear end, and get a new tail light:lol:. That FJ is just too big. I give mad props to the driver. But that front bumper is useless. It looks like a small tree :confused: . Toyota tail lights got owned. That hatch brat does pretty good in the mud (probably cause its so light.) Keep on wheelin :headbang:

I'll wait till I get the money for a Detroit Locker. Which will wait till I have money for 4.88s.

Thats a better way to go. I'm gonna do the same eventually :rolleyes: . I can't even use 4th, unless I'm going downhill.

Hatch Brat? You mean the GL wagon? Yeah, Scott did real good with it. He followed us everywhere.

I mean that black hatch that got the back chopped off of it.

:banana: :banana:

your welcome:-\ :banana: :banana:

yeah, exellent vid clips. i just watched all of them and it makes me stoked to get my new project lifted. its an '83 ea81, just picked up a set of a.a. rims. i wanna weld up my diff too. looking forward to going on a trip this winter. thats the best time to go around here. nothing like slogging thru the mud for a day!!!!

What is the name of that trail where the fj lost the tail light ?

almost looks like the first hill of express way. Cant tell for sure though, I'd have to see it from the botom. or is that shark fin?

Amyway, nice vids, wouldnt have minded them being in longer segments though, I think anyone crazy enough to dl thm is going to have a good enough internet conection to handle alot biger file sizes. I know I wouldnt even think about the small ones if I was on dial up.

One of these years I'm going to have to get one of my rigs together so I can go with you guys.

Also, scott how much air are you running in them SSR's ? looks like too much. On a car like that I'd have them down around 8-10 psi. that would give you way better traction.

Ok, I read the thread with the pics, that is expressway, thats fairly impressive then. I know that trail well. Ive been through it many times riding with others. you almost never see anyone make it up there under there own power. most take the bypass. I'e only driven it in my jeep once and had no problem at all driving right up it on the first shot, I stayed to the right on the rock though, not the left line that seems to be getting deeper. I will also say the day I drove it I believe it was dry out, not sure though. also, I am locked front and rear and am running 33" swamper ssr's at about 10 psi

I would have to disagree with you. if you have a tire spining and not moving you then you need more traction. sometimes wheel spin is good too though but not always. As for better ground clearance, yes it will be slightly better at higher presure but not enough to keep you from airing down. The huge gain in traction versus the inch or 2 of lost ground clearance is well worth the trade off. Also poping a bead usualy isnt a problem. A swamper like that on a car as light as yours is you should be able to go down to 6 psi and be fairly comfortable about not unseating a tire. Keep them around 12 and I would almost gaurentee there is no way you would loose one. I drive my jeep on the street including freeway at 70mph+ at about 16 psi. with no problems at all.

Oh, and this isnt ment to be a rant about your driving or vehicle setup, just my thoughts and observations. You did seem to do prety well out there in the vids!

One of these days when I get young and rich I need to get one of your 6" kits for my 86 wagon.

Also this is probably the wrong thread for this but the car you are wheeling now has your smaler lift on it right? howcome you went with that instead of the 6" ? also how is the 6" on driveshafts and cv's? is the geometry still ok or is it pushing the limits of driveability and reliability on your cv's?

the car you are wheeling now has your smaler lift on it right? howcome you went with that instead of the 6" ? also how is the 6" on driveshafts and cv's? is the geometry still ok or is it pushing the limits of driveability and reliability on your cv's?

running the shorter lift as this was the first car to have it installed on and it ended up being my DD . the 6" lift has better geometry then the 3-1/2" as the 3 .5 has higher CV angles , with both lifts we have not had a failed CV yet , my next car Im building will have 8" lift with a T-case but will not be my DD SJR