Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Gallery : 73 Subaru Splitgate

Howdy all-

The '73 Splitgate is just about ready for auction. You guys get first crack, though.

Enjoy the pics. I've had a lot of fun with this car!

BT

+++++++++Added:+++++++++++

PS: Thanks for the emails. Nope, I'm not getting out of Subies; just making room for the new. Some day I'll have a big house full of cars,

but for now I only have room for one at a time.

That yellow IS incredible. It never photographs the same twice. Sometimes it looks green and other times it's brilliant yellow. I love it too.

Andrew- Your wagon is welcome in my garage any time. My favorite part of the old car experience is the restoration process!

Bryan

It's absolutely gorgeous...my '73 wants to know if it can spend a couple months in your garage :slobber:

Andrew- My bad. I totally know your name, too. I was working with a modeler named Shawn all day when I wrote those messages in a hurry. Nerd alert.

As to what's next in the garage, I'm not sure yet. I have a few fantasy Subes I'd like to restore:

1. Metallic Brown Gen 1 BRAT with graphics

2. 360 Wagon (The cargo-box version with the Sedan front end)

3. Black Gen 2 GL "Cannon Ball Run" Hatch. I bet the actual Movie Car is out there somewhere...

For the record...my name is Andrew. I *think* the only Shawn in here (Historic forum) is ShawnW. :grin:

• 2 weeks later...

Bryan, last I heard, the cannonball run subaru was in Bellingham, WA... I think it was Carfreak85 that knew about its whereabouts?? My appologies to Carfreak if that is wrong. That car has a super scary carbureted turbo setup... *shudders*

So ANYway, back to your beautiful subaru... I would pass up any late model STI to drive around a gem like that clamshell wagon.

-Mike

(thanks again for getting me that transmission so fast.. it was the wrong one, but I did some frankenstiening and got Amanda's wagon put back together and driving good as new)

• 2 weeks later...