Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

intense european rally crash vid

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Rooinater

Rooinater

Official Thread Killer...

• Members
  • 2,285 posts
  • Gig Harbor

Posted 29 March 2007 - 05:05 AM

http://www.dailymoti.../xyuuk_crashwrc

#2 SuBrat84

SuBrat84

What's REALLY going on???

• Members
  • 1,520 posts
  • Tucson

Posted 29 March 2007 - 10:45 AM

I like trying to see what parts fall off the cars.. and I'm sorry.. but the last clip.. those guys so totally must have died.. why else would they cut it short like that?

#3 nipper

nipper

Semi Elite Master of the

• Members
  • 17,541 posts
  • Long Island NY

Posted 29 March 2007 - 03:18 PM

There are some really painful moments there, i dont think thats the only one where people died..

nipper

#4 subynut

subynut

EJ Powa!

• Gold Subscribers
  • 1,375 posts
  • Sierra Vista, AZ

Posted 29 March 2007 - 03:21 PM

So, that's what they call wrapped around a tree. Ouch.

#5 Mike W

Mike W

• Members
  • 704 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 29 March 2007 - 10:06 PM

Searching you tube for "rally crash" turns up lots of brutality and violence. I liked this one. Lots of reminders about where NOT to stand if you're a spectator.

#6 SuBrat84

SuBrat84

What's REALLY going on???

• Members
  • 1,520 posts
  • Tucson

Posted 30 March 2007 - 12:01 AM

Searching you tube for "rally crash" turns up lots of brutality and violence. I liked this one. Lots of reminders about where NOT to stand if you're a spectator.

1:40 into that video there is a guy crashing on the same corner that the first vid ends with. It's a different crash.. the other guy = dead.:dead:

#7 Uberoo

Uberoo

Subaru Wheeler

• Members
  • 3,378 posts
  • lewiston,ID

Posted 03 April 2007 - 10:25 PM

that red car that wrapped around the tree.passenger=:dead:

#8 Zefy

Zefy

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,170 posts
  • Coquitlam B.C. Canada

Posted 06 April 2007 - 03:54 AM

i've seen that a couple times... notice on the third car (i think) watch as he starts to roll over... he takes out a camera guy...:-\:dead:

#9 darlingchip

darlingchip

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 279 posts
  • upstate

Posted 06 April 2007 - 09:59 AM

Wow that video was impressive. I worked at a road rally once (EMT) but I never got to see any accidents. Just the aftermath of the cars in the parking lots crush. Fortunately there was no deaths. Locals didn't like the rally so it is no longer in our area anymore:-\ I wish is was. I loved looking at the cars. Sorry I wasn't a Subie fanatic then so I don't know how many were in the race or if any crashed.

#10 El Toro

El Toro

BIG DADDY ED

• Members
  • 296 posts
  • Kitsap co.

Posted 06 April 2007 - 10:21 AM

i love the guy that has to re take the switch back:lol: and is it just me or do wipers come on in a crash for extra protection:-p ....im always waiting for the wipers

#11 NoEyeSquareGuy

NoEyeSquareGuy

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Manchester

Posted 22 May 2007 - 07:23 PM

I like trying to see what parts fall off the cars.. and I'm sorry.. but the last clip.. those guys so totally must have died.. why else would they cut it short like that?

That last clip was of one of the WRC Mitsu Evo teams(I want to say it was Gronholm driving then, but I can't remember)... the camera stopped filming there due to the severity of the crash, the tape wasn't edited. The co-driver suffered some broken bones, IIRC, the driver walked away. The car was a mess, as could be expected.

#12 SakoTGrimes

SakoTGrimes

Aint got no Subaru!

• Members
  • 943 posts
  • Grants Pass

Posted 23 May 2007 - 01:25 AM

I loved how the Volvo barely took any damage.
Didn't enjoy seeing the BMW 1600/2002 wrap around the tree though

#13 Mike W

Mike W

• Members
  • 704 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 23 May 2007 - 11:05 PM

Did you guys see this one? It has a lot of the same footage, but with added spectator "faces of death." Hardcore Crash Compilation Vol. 2 Rally Special
Brutal viewing...people definitely having a very bad day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users