Ultimate Subaru Message Board

intense european rally crash vid

Rooinater

Searching you tube for "rally crash" turns up lots of brutality and violence. I liked this one. Lots of reminders about where NOT to stand if you're a spectator.

1:40 into that video there is a guy crashing on the same corner that the first vid ends with. It's a different crash.. the other guy = dead.:dead:

Wow that video was impressive. I worked at a road rally once (EMT) but I never got to see any accidents. Just the aftermath of the cars in the parking lots crush. Fortunately there was no deaths. Locals didn't like the rally so it is no longer in our area anymore:-\ I wish is was. I loved looking at the cars. Sorry I wasn't a Subie fanatic then so I don't know how many were in the race or if any crashed.

• 1 month later...
I like trying to see what parts fall off the cars.. and I'm sorry.. but the last clip.. those guys so totally must have died.. why else would they cut it short like that?

That last clip was of one of the WRC Mitsu Evo teams(I want to say it was Gronholm driving then, but I can't remember)... the camera stopped filming there due to the severity of the crash, the tape wasn't edited. The co-driver suffered some broken bones, IIRC, the driver walked away. The car was a mess, as could be expected.