Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Iowa: 9th Annual Timber Ridge Trail Ride Sept. 21-23, 2007

mcbrat

• 2 weeks later...

Someone Looking For me.

U know it just so happens that im in the same neck of the woods as McBrat. And this is something i would love to go to. Eventhough i dont think my wagon is at all possible to do any type of serious offroading. Buttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt. Its looking like its in late september. I have mentioned it a couple times but my wife is pregnant with twins. And thats right around the time that there due. Things might change. If she goes early it will be impossible for me to get even any free time off. If she goes late it might me to possibly stop buy but u know chicks and being pregnant man. Where is it located at.

Ben.

Someone Looking For me.

U know it just so happens that im in the same neck of the woods as McBrat. And this is something i would love to go to. Eventhough i dont think my wagon is at all possible to do any type of serious offroading. Buttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt. Its looking like its in late september. I have mentioned it a couple times but my wife is pregnant with twins. And thats right around the time that there due. Things might change. If she goes early it will be impossible for me to get even any free time off. If she goes late it might me to possibly stop buy but u know chicks and being pregnant man. Where is it located at.

Ben.

3.5 hoursaway in NW Iowa...

that does sounds pretty exciting. My Brat should be here for me in a week or so maybe more, but I looked at the pics, and no way i am taking it to get dirty yet this year. I will see, maybe my touring wagon (its my beater now) will be up for it though. If not this event, then sometime in the near..

• 3 weeks later...
Mick, I'm hoping you've got some pictures. I was really missing the wheeling this weekend:( . Hope you had a great time!!!! Tim

I'll have some video off my phone, but I never got my camera out.

Perfect weather too! :banana:

I broke Friday afternoon (details in the offroad section under my torsion bar/coilover thread), but after I was able to do a fair amount of wheeling, including making a long uphill climb I hadn't been able to before, though I filled the valley with burnt subaru clutch smell :)

I did get to ride Friday evening, and two long rides Saturday in my friends "Jeep"... (full width 1 ton axles, 42" swampers, 305 v8, 700R4, S-10 tcase, ARB. We did a ton of trails that I'm sure I would not have been able to do unassisted with the Brat, and got lots more trails on the GPS map... was very enjoyable.... the night wheeling Saturday night was awesome. never had to stop.... 5 vehicles. "Jeep", Jeep, Jeep, Ranger with SAS, Toyota.

I'll post some links to the other guys pics....