Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Blow thru Maf setup??? Anybody

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 2K4 STI

2K4 STI

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 235 posts
  • Vegas

Posted 15 October 2007 - 09:49 PM

Has anybody else tried this setup

http://www.ultimates...ghlight=exhaust

Just curious how it runs and if you would have to do any more tuning after doing this.

#2 beataru

beataru

Subarus Catch on fire?!

• Members
  • 1,202 posts
  • Phoenix

Posted 16 October 2007 - 12:46 PM

You would not have to do any more tuning as far as I can tell, But I have to be honest and say that I have seen many many turbocharged cars, and this is the onlyone with this setup.

#3 simple monkey

simple monkey

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • bremerton

Posted 16 October 2007 - 01:38 PM

dont a lot of people do this when they have a GT30or GT35?
even tho you wouldn't need to make huge adjustments, it would still be wise to re-tune.

#4 2K4 STI

2K4 STI

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 235 posts
  • Vegas

Posted 16 October 2007 - 07:32 PM

Thats what i was thinking but i wasnt sure on these cars

#5 beataru

beataru

Subarus Catch on fire?!

• Members
  • 1,202 posts
  • Phoenix

Posted 17 October 2007 - 10:05 AM

what are you talking about retuning? are you running aftermarket management? if your not, these things will tune everything themselves.

#6 simple monkey

simple monkey

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • bremerton

Posted 17 October 2007 - 01:38 PM

what are your plans exactly? as far as running a BOV to the Atmosphere, i have had no issues with mine, doesn't run rich between shifts or long off throttle periods. try the blow thru setup and document whether you needed to tune it. be a pioneer. :grin:

#7 Numbchux

Numbchux

EJ conversion addict

• Members
  • 5,991 posts
  • Duluth, MN

Posted 17 October 2007 - 02:08 PM

it's extremely common on big power new-gen guys (I can think of 4 local cars putting 400awhp+ running blow through).

BUT, the only point is so you can run a BOV instead of a BPV. which, at anything less than about 20psi, means nothing but a loud "pssshhhh" sound when you let off the throttle. zero performance gains whatsoever.

#8 beataru

beataru

Subarus Catch on fire?!

• Members
  • 1,202 posts
  • Phoenix

Posted 19 October 2007 - 12:45 PM

Some would say that sound adds rear wheel horse power :lol:

#9 Jabbott126

Jabbott126

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Muskegon Michigan

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:04 AM

Hate digging up old threads but there are big benifits to having a blow through setup. First off the bov can be ran to the atmosphere (like you said doesnt do much under 20psi) but apart from that it will also save your rump roast if you get a bad boost leak. The car wont care if it has a leak lime it does when the maf is in the begining of the system because maf's work by metering air intake. So the car will only care about the air that has pasted the maf and nothing else.

So in other words the closer to the throttle body your MAF is the safe you will be and the more accurate on air accuatly going into your motor

#10 subyrally

subyrally

Trust your Turbo-Lust

• Members
  • 2,888 posts
  • frederick, md

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:21 PM

wow, talk about digging up the dead, lol.

i would have said about the same though, it has definite benefits, especially if you are running a custom setup. ive lost count of how many times i had an intercooler pipe come loose or a hose clamp slip when i was first messing around with turbo engines. it was annoying trying to figure out what was going on when the car wouldnt run due to the boost leak after the maf.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users