Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

pics of my 85 GL brat wth heated leather seats and herculiner

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bheinen74

bheinen74

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • central Iowa

Posted 20 October 2007 - 02:40 PM

http://www.ultimates...00&ppuser=14357

sporting the UltimateSubaru.org stickers on the tailgate thanks to McBrat

#2 nipper

nipper

Semi Elite Master of the

• Members
  • 17,607 posts
  • Long Island NY

Posted 20 October 2007 - 02:51 PM

cool

SO they bolted right in (not including the wirirng)?

#3 bheinen74

bheinen74

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • central Iowa

Posted 20 October 2007 - 03:30 PM

cool

SO they bolted right in (not including the wirirng)?

NO. absolutely not
I have used the FACTORY Brat floor mounts. I have not had to drill any new holes into the pristine floorboard at all and both seats are mounted good as new. I left the Brat Seatbelts mounted to the floor as well, factory. AND I used the Outbacks slider rails all 4, by adapting them some.
-bent slightly more the front inner mounts of the Outback seat, they line up.
-made offset spacer brackets for the front outer mounts of the outback seat
-crafted adapter brackets to use the rear outer mounts to fit the Outback posts.
-cut off the back inner factory Outback mount posts, made new L shaped brackets for them, welded to the outback sliders, that fit the brat floor mounts.

The heated seat switch has been mounted in the rear consoler rear of the e-brake. see pics for switch
I tapped into the fuse box of the brat under fuse "rear defrost" which was not used, and replaced the 15 amp with a 20 amp fuse. Dont adjust power seat with both heaters on, it blew the 15 amp

For the brackets i made, had to factor in lots:
tilt of the seat both front and side to side
how far the seat back can be adjusted
etc
also had to trim the door sill/suffplates to fit my rear mounts i made.

I would not recommend this in a non fun-top car, as they do sit a little higher. they work for me I am 6ft tall, and they worked for my brother who is a little taller. If you are over 6'3" then i would say no workie.

by the way, got those leather seats at wrench n go for 31 each seat. cheap mod, cheaper than having a re-upholster job on my original brat seats.

time took: about 2.5 full days, wiring took about a day alone.

#4 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 20,281 posts
  • Portland

Posted 20 October 2007 - 05:56 PM

Yeah - being tall sucks. I am 6' 2", and I had to put in lower seats than stock to fit comfortably in my Brat. But those do look nice and keister heaters are neato. I might look for a set of those for my Legacy!

GD

#5 baccaruda

baccaruda

YOUR FAVORITE MOD

• 6,942 posts
  • SpoVegas, WA

Posted 23 October 2007 - 10:20 AM

That looks awesome. I wonder if you could use a separate fuse for the adjustment power source and one for the heat?

#6 backwoodsboy

backwoodsboy

vintagesubaruparts

• Members
  • 1,058 posts
  • upstate NY, in the woods

Posted 23 October 2007 - 10:27 AM

Beautiful BRAT..... and Im especially liking the seats. Its amazing what a difference seats make.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users