Ultimate Subaru Message Board

pics of my 85 GL brat wth heated leather seats and herculiner

bheinen74

cool

SO they bolted right in (not including the wirirng)?

NO. absolutely not

I have used the FACTORY Brat floor mounts. I have not had to drill any new holes into the pristine floorboard at all and both seats are mounted good as new. I left the Brat Seatbelts mounted to the floor as well, factory. AND I used the Outbacks slider rails all 4, by adapting them some.

-bent slightly more the front inner mounts of the Outback seat, they line up.

-made offset spacer brackets for the front outer mounts of the outback seat

-crafted adapter brackets to use the rear outer mounts to fit the Outback posts.

-cut off the back inner factory Outback mount posts, made new L shaped brackets for them, welded to the outback sliders, that fit the brat floor mounts.

The heated seat switch has been mounted in the rear consoler rear of the e-brake. see pics for switch

I tapped into the fuse box of the brat under fuse "rear defrost" which was not used, and replaced the 15 amp with a 20 amp fuse. Dont adjust power seat with both heaters on, it blew the 15 amp

For the brackets i made, had to factor in lots:

tilt of the seat both front and side to side

how far the seat back can be adjusted

etc

also had to trim the door sill/suffplates to fit my rear mounts i made.

I would not recommend this in a non fun-top car, as they do sit a little higher. they work for me I am 6ft tall, and they worked for my brother who is a little taller. If you are over 6'3" then i would say no workie.

by the way, got those leather seats at wrench n go for 31 each seat. cheap mod, cheaper than having a re-upholster job on my original brat seats.

time took: about 2.5 full days, wiring took about a day alone.