Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Colorado People: Summer 2008 4X4 trips

legacymax

I know everything is pretty much snowed in right now but I am getting really excited for spring and summer. Some places I would like to try out this year and the estimated date they would be clear of most snow:

- Left Hand Canyon- West of Boulder. Never tried it in a Subaru, but I know a lot of you guys know what it's all about. open now probably or early spring.

- Apex trail- Tolland to Central City, This was the one that the Titan tried to go up on our recent snow trip. Pretty easy but there are some cool trails off of it. High Altitude and maybe mine ruins. May

- Jenny Creek Trail (again) I think we can get a lot farther and I won't get lost this time. This one should probably be done in Late June or July as the snow Drifts are suppose to be pretty bad up there.

- Spring Creek. I have heard it is tough, but we can at least go check it out. May/June

- Webster Pass. This one goes from Montezuma (Keystone) to Grant on 285, Suppose to be pretty easy, but there are a lot of roads that branch off from it and they can be tough. High altitude and Lots of mine ruins. June

-Boreas Pass. I have a cabin up on Boreas, very easy but moderate trails that shoot off of it. High Altitude and a lot of mine ruins. May/June

-Slaughterhouse Gulch- Heard a lot about it and want to try it. April/May?

-Wheeler Trail. ???

Please, if you have done any of these check in and tell us how you liked them? Also tell me if you guys are interested or not.

Thanks

-Max

'84 Hatch

I will need to find an off-road capable vehicle first, Max.... :headbang:

Anyway, Lefthand is super fun and doesn't have any ski trails for us to get lost on. I know that Jon would be more than willing to attend this one and probably bring his Rover along for all of us to gawk at.

Cuz he's so used to AWDPirates and thinks we are all fuddie duddies...which is kindof true. That forum is so fun sometimes.

Offroad capable? Why not take the damn BAKPAK OUTBAK!?!?!? Now with crooked steering goodness.

I haven't been around much but the rig is still in fine condition. Hopefully will have more time this summer..:-\ Though I am planning an EJ swap for it this spring/summer if I can manage.

I know webster pass, red cone, & slaughter house fairly well as I lived in Bailey for several years.

RedCone FTW. I have access to a beater car that I want to try that on...one that if I do roll end over end as predicted we can all laugh and drag the car back home or to the nearest scrapyard. :)

HELMET REQUIRED HEHEHE.

- Left Hand Canyon- Some parts will be very interesting in a subaru.

- Apex trail- Know it like the back of my hand. That would be fun.

- Jenny Creek Trail-That would be fun too.

- Spring Creek. I have heard it is tough, but we can at least go check it out. May/June

- Webster Pass. Only if you like gridlock and tons of people.

-Boreas Pass. I have a cabin up on Boreas, very easy but moderate trails that shoot off of it. High Altitude and a lot of mine ruins. May/June

-Slaughterhouse Gulch- Heard a lot about it and want to try it. April/May?

-Wheeler Trail. There are a few places that will be hard to pass in a subaru to actually make it to the lake.

I really want to check out slaughterhouse and spring creek.

Regardless of what I say im down for whatever.

• 4 weeks later...

I am ready to go.... in about a week(after finals). I went and started a trail by yankee hill last weekend and I could have gotten pretty far, if there would have been another car with me. I was on some ATV tracks and the car was doing great.

-Max