Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Punching or drilling holes is one way to do it.

I have personally used the stock pump to evacuate fuel from cars that were "on the way out" You have to get down to the pump wires in the back of the car.... and wire them straight to 12V (the key wont do it)

I have found that less than a gallon is left when using this method.

I assume that you want to use the gas in another car. However, there may be "crud" and water near the bottom of the tank. The filter will remove most particles, but won't help with water. If you've been running gas with some ethanol in it, any water may not have separated, but just pay attention to what comes out as you approach the last of the gas.

12 volts straight to the pump. you can use the outlet from the fuel filter that way it's filtered.

are EJ's in-tank pumps? on XT6 pumps i've pulled the hose prior to the pump and had tons of gas gush out on it's own, just due to gravity. not sure if it would have emptied the tank, i haven't "wanted" that to happen when it did!

older generation cars have a "diagnostic mode" that you can enter just by plugging two green connectors together in the trunk. in this state the ECU cycles the fuel pump on for two seconds every two seconds....something like that. on....off....on....off. put the fuel filter hose into a gas can and you're golden.

i don't think you can do that with the new ones though.