Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My wagon with 14" pugs with 26" tires!

Backinbrat, drop a EA82 wagon Lol! Why not put 22s on it then :P but thank you, yea hopeing do a 2" lift soon.

HELL YEAH!!!!!! of course thats what i expect you to do! haha

well, i dropped mine 40mm and put 16" wellers with 45 series tyres on it, so yeah man!!! haha, i want it lower yet with 2 degrees of negative on the front!

thats a pretty beefy offset on them as well i noticed, does look proper good mate

HELL YEAH!!!!!! of course thats what i expect you to do! haha

well, i dropped mine 40mm and put 16" wellers with 45 series tyres on it, so yeah man!!! haha, i want it lower yet with 2 degrees of negative on the front!

thats a pretty beefy offset on them as well i noticed, does look proper good mate

Your doing that to a EA82 wagon? sounds cool, your gonna lower it 2" more! That 2deg negative should increase the handeling.

-Tom

There isn't any need to change crossmembers on a 4 inch lift either. Just add the spacers.

Yes, That`s True. But if you Don`t Drop the Engine`s Crossmember, the Constant Velocity Bars will be Forced to Work in Angle, so Axles will Worn around 10X Faster for Sure.

Dear Friend Tom: Could I Ask you to do a Simple Test with your Subie?

Since the Bigger / Beefy Tires Swap, your Subie`s Speedometer will "Lie", due to their increased Size, your Subie will be Runnin` some Amount of MPH Faster than the Speedometer Reading; so the Test is This:

if you could Ask Someone to Follow you in another Car on a Road, both doing the Same Speed... Then Ask the Another Driver about the Reading on the Speedometer and Compare it with your Subie`s Reading...

Try it at Different Speeds, Such as 40 MPH, 60 MPH, etc... and then you`ll Know how Much "Lie" is at your Speedometer... post the Results Here. :)

As Long as you Can do it, it will be Very interesting to Know... Also Depending on your Driving Behaviour, your Subie May use -a small amount- Less Fuel to do the Same Travel on Pavemented Road...

Kind Regards.

JesZek, yea the CVs will ware out a little quicker (Maybe) I mean its on 2" more stress on then, so it mightn ot be bad.

As for the test, yep. I know its off 10-15mph. Cause I know how fast I'm going when i'm running at 3200rpm in 3rd (Was 45mph) but now it reads 35mph.

"When you start blowing past other drivers at a bilistic speed, then you know your speedo is lieing"

Phiz, Thank you! I went with white cause I see alot of Soobs with white wheels in AU (exp: Lapsed old GL wagon) and they always looked cool.

Dude, your wagon looks badass :burnout: I'd love to do something like that to mine. (someday, when I have money :lol:) What was the final cost for everything?

Lets see,

$150 for 4 Pugs

$300 for Powder coating

$500 for tires

$40 for 16 1.25 acorns

so bout $990 all in the same week lol..

Lets see,

$150 for 4 Pugs

$300 for Powder coating

$500 for tires

$40 for 16 1.25 acorns

so bout $990 all in the same week lol..

god damn money bags hows the high life

$300 for Powder coating (money) holy ************ guess i wont be getting that done any time soon

did that come with or with out lube

i thought i was insane for spending 500 on a 4in lift and 250 for wheels and tires on a 300 dollar car

Could I Ask you one more Question? ... About the Tire Size, I just know Tire Measurements for Conventional and Radial Tires; those Radials usually says something like: "205/75 R 14" for Example.

The Question is: What is the Measurements for your 26" Tires?

Kind Regards.

Mine are 205/75R14 pretty close to 26".

I wouldnt lift it but thats just me. I like the look it gives. I think you should post a before and after pic of your car. I remember when it had nothing on it.

Buy the way i had a guy quote me on some bead blasting and powder coating. Yea it was ungodly expensive but if you want to do it right its definately the way to go. You notice in the pictures before how theres rust and its pitted. They did a nice job filling all that in. Looks really nice.

I wouldnt lift it but thats just me. I like the look it gives. I think you should post a before and after pic of your car. I remember when it had nothing on it.

Buy the way i had a guy quote me on some bead blasting and powder coating. Yea it was ungodly expensive but if you want to do it right its definately the way to go. You notice in the pictures before how theres rust and its pitted. They did a nice job filling all that in. Looks really nice.

Yea I'll see about a picture of when I bought it in 2006.

They sure did do a nice job, I was really suprized!

The Dude, no havn't gotten an answer yet, but the center caps for the Soob wheels are way to big. about 1/2" to big (Cant modify that)

Gloyale, yep trimmed the front last weekend and the rear does hit a little when going over big bumps at higher speeds. anyhoo I just need to bend up that lip with a rubber mallet, then I should be good!

Thanks guys!! Also looking at buying that replacement rear bumper from Scott (SJR) in a week or so. It has D hooks, Trail hitch cupler, and spare tire swing arm! So I'll post some pics when I get that I think it bolts in to the stock holes, right?

If you ever decide to go with a 4" or bigger lift, let me know... But I am diggin the way it sits right now :headbang:

-Bill

Bill, Yep will do if I go that high! So, your making lift kits too? Lol who isn't...

Side note: Has anyone bought SJRs replacement rear bumper for the EA82? I really want to get one, but from the picture on SJRLIFT.com it looks as if theres no opening for the tail pipe? I gotta contact him, Anyhoo thats for looking everyone!

Alright, heres some before and after pictures.

These are from when I first bought it in July 2006:

24019750001_large.jpg

24019750007_large.jpg

Yes the fenders were shot, so I bought new ones from the dealer back in '06.

24019750004_large.jpg

And now the after!

2009_0520Test0032.jpg

This is how much I cut, Now I need to find a way to fasten the plastic insert since the back part of it used to rest on the fenders lip.

2009_0520Test0033.jpg

2009_0520Test0034.jpg

Subaru sticker! :headbang:

2009_0520Test0039.jpg

-Tom :cool:

• 2 weeks later...