Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What have you done for stiffer springs.

bigo1966

As you can see in this pic with 3 guys, cooler of beer and spare parts the rear of the sedan sags way too much:

6254_1126654999821_1030552107_30375.jpg

Has anyone bought aftermarket stiffer springs to get the rear up on there car? Keep in mind that this is my rear coil over setup: Sedan spring stacked on wagon spring.

DSCN1664.jpg

Any thoughts?

well, the stock springs are 2.5" ID. 12" long 250lb/in is a nice upgrade for a wagon. I've purchased a couple sets from ground-control for my cars. was a little on the stiff side for the XT6, but perfect on the wagon before I switched to miata hardware.

I'd say if you could get something in ~250 lb/in in the same un-weighted length that you've got now, you'd be in business.

Good info, it appears that I currently have 196 stacked with a 160. Your chart is a great reference. There are a couple local 4x4 guys with some 250lb springs for sale, I think ill start there and stack the 196 with the 250.

Thanks

Front or rear? I'm rocking RX front springs on my hatch and they are quite a bit stiffer and a bit taller than normal EA81 4WD springs.

Had to take off my front anti-roll bar b/c the front end was TOO stiff over one wheel bumps, overwhelming the old, probably OEM struts and making the car pogo a little bit.