Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Loyale troubles...

I went to start my loyale last night after it sat for about 2-3 weeks- it wouldn't start. So today I went out to figure out what's wrong with it and, before I started taking things apart, I tried to see if it would start. It started right up. I then drove it around back (maybe 1/8 mile) and proceeded to clean the interior. When I tried to start it to move it back to the front, it started and ran for about 3 seconds and died.

After some tinkering and some research, I've come to the conclusion that my fuel pump isn't turning on. I've read some posts about the fuel pump relay and would like to check connections and such. Can anyone tell me where the relay is located? Can anyone give me some pointers on what else I should check?

For the record:

It will run on ether.

The filter is pretty new (under 10,000 miles).

Timing belts are new and working.

I don't hear the fuel pump turn on when the ignition is in the run position.

I don't hear the fuel pump turn on when I connect the green plugs.

Edited by ahole

Moving the key from OFF to RUN should turn the pump on for a couple seconds if things are ok. The relay is under the dash to the right of the steering column I think and it may be bad. Another area of possible trouble is the fusible links. Check them for a loose connection. They are in a plastic box mounted on the coolant reservoir.