Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Lift kit for Loyale Wanted.

I did a search but did not find what I wanted. I am looking for a 4" lift for my 90 Loyale. Something affordable but quality as well. When going 4" up does anything have to be modified other than the steering shaft? Also I am not up and up on the model designations for our subaru's. I see alot of EA81 and so on. Is that the engine code or vehicle model. If so what would my loyale's designation be? I have had my car for two years and have kept it mostly stock for commuting. Other than some deep snow and mud I am new to subaru wheeling and subaru modifiying, but I can do some fab work and I have mechanical skills. Also I live in sultan, Wa just down the hiway from rieter. So if you want to go wheeling let me know. Thanks for any info.

Ted aka TedBull.

Edited by tedbull

Also I am not up and up on the model designations for our subaru's. I see alot of EA81 and so on. Is that the engine code or vehicle model.

It is the engine code, but most of us use it to refer to the body style, since in the US at least, it is fairly consistent which engines were used in which bodies. The Loyales are the EA82

my loyale is stock but I will try to hang for as long as I can and just watch other guys wheel there rigs. I will probably not do any serious mods untill I finish my vw baja bug first. But I am going to start getting parts ready for a lift, tires, wheels, and a EJ22 swap if I can. My rig is super clean and only 122,000 miles on it so I want to get some more miles out of it before I start the transition into a street legal trail rig.

190.jpg

068-2.jpg

192.jpg

bajabug011.jpg

bajabug008.jpg

bouncing-boobs.gif

The hood scoop is not stock. I found it on ebay for like $15 i think. It is ABS plastic, I primered it, painted it with duplicolor to match and glued it down. I did punch out 4 holes under the scoop to push air into the engine compartment. My intake is not anywhere near the scoop so I dont know if it does any good other than looks.

TedBull

It likely wouldn't do much good even if you put the intake right under it. The stock air-box for the SPFI draws air from right behind the passenger headlight and then has a silencer that is located under the passenger side fender - further cooling the air.

If you ever decided to go with a Turbo setup though, the scoop would be a good idea for a top mount IC. That's typically where they sit.

GD

I removed my stock air box and put a K&N style cone right before the air flow sensor. I think that it added a bit of power. It is getting air from the engine compartment and the hole in the inner fender. But the filter gets dirty fast. I have been planning on putting the stock cleaner box back on and using a K&N drop in filter. Is the stock setup good or can it be modified to be better? Also when I do lift my wagon and start modding it for trail use I would like to add a snorkel. Has anyone done this and would the engine get enough air with that much intake hose?

Ted

The hood scoop is not stock. I found it on ebay for like $15 i think. It is ABS plastic, I primered it, painted it with duplicolor to match and glued it down. I did punch out 4 holes under the scoop to push air into the engine compartment. My intake is not anywhere near the scoop so I dont know if it does any good other than looks.

TedBull

Thanks for the info! If I go down the intercooler path I will have to get one. Looks badass!

i like the color alot but I did not realize it was a rare color scheme. I think I have seen others around that are the same but maybee they were solid blue. My car is in such good shape with low miles that I am having a hard time deciding if I want to lift it and start wheeling it.

Ted