Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1990 Subaru GL Turbo 2WD ? Exists?

What are the odds the owner bought a imported GL from Australia or the U.K that another owner imported? Since both countrys used the "GL" name till '94 (The last of the EA82s) And yes, even a GL imported could have left hand drive (I've seen a few GLs on the Aussie board that were still LHD) So this could be a possability aswell. :)

-Tom

The Leone's were mainly in Japan, the GL was more popular in AUS (aka L-series) and from what I've seen they were still made till '94 along with the Brumbys.

But I guess the likelyhood of anyone importing one to the U.S would be rare when you can just get a Loyale or a late 80s GL here.

It would help if the owner would give you a picture since he seems unsure.

-Tom :)

They were, yes. But only internally. They were not marketed as such. In other countries the EA82 body was also known as a Leone. I have a picture around somewhere of an '85 EA82 with "Leone" on the side trim instead of "Subaru".

GD

Yes, I've seen many - many pictures of EA82 Leones.

Just search for Subaru Leone on google and you'll see them, some of the Leone's were FT4WD :banana: