Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1st annual Subaru Brat Meet Washington State

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Brat Brigade.

IF (and that's a big if) the 82 Brat is road worthy we might be able to roll up from Portland. Still working out some kinks from previous owner. And have to go thru DEQ and get plates and registration. Would be fun to have a brats only meet though.

Lynn

In my opinion i think this should be a brat oriented meet, but everyone is invited

kinda like the alki beach meet is oriented for 93-01 impreza's but anyone could come, and how HP/NWWO summer meets are intended for offroad worthy subies but anyone can still come.

to say this is a brat only meet kinda kills it for me. there are those out there who love brats but dont have one (kinda like my roomate :rolleyes:). so i say if you are not only a "subaru enthusiasts" but also a "brat enthusiasts" then you should come :D

but when it comes time for group photos gtfo of the shot if you dont have a brat :lol:

anyways, i like The Bi-Drive Recreational All-Terrain Transporter Meet and uh how bout that poll eh?

Lol, yeah, we've been up to no good :-p

Anyway, do we have any updates on a spot yet?

Twitch

Im looking for some input on the couple ideas i have, i mean if you guys would rather have a spot to camp/hangout or have a spot to meet/hangout then camp elsewhere. I kinda like the idea of having it all in one spot, plus offroad trails would be right there which would be cool but still completely accessible by stock/lowered cars.

Either tomorrow or some point in the next few days ill go out to the spot i had in mind up reecer creek road and take a good look, get some pics and let you guys have a better idea.

so yea, ill update soon :banana:

-Andy

Im looking for some input on the couple ideas i have, i mean if you guys would rather have a spot to camp/hangout or have a spot to meet/hangout then camp elsewhere. I kinda like the idea of having it all in one spot,

Just to toss a suggestion your way:

Part of any gathering is for showing others outside the interested group so they can see the uniqueness of the gathering.

We can do camping etc.. but I believe the "showing" is a vital part of the distance traveled.

A central gathering could be a possitive event. A location could be a resteraunt, a park, parking lot, Taco stand. It should be a unique location, not "Fred-Meyers". Example: About 30 min. outside of Jackson Hole Wyoming there is a little bar, it became famous as every Sunday afternoon, for who know's what reason, like moths to the flame everyone went there... no idea why... word got out and then the parking lot became fuller, cars lined down the little two lane hwy etc... it was a no nothing little stop that became a unique point to gather.... and has now became a tradition.

Can there be such a place like that in or around Ellensberg? A taco stand?, coffee shop? Indian tee-pee selling gas? you get the idea...... possibly middle of down town there is a Indian cafe (dot on forhead not two feather on back of head-kind) that has the spiciest rice, or a Taco truck that kids like to hang out at the edge of town ... someplace, like unto the Subaru's is unique unto itself which allows us to stop, get out of our rigs, and relax while giving the straights (public) a chance to turn there head.

Could you imagine years ahead that the location you pick, Brats from states away will funnel to this one spot for a root-beer, steak, pizza, yogurt?

This could happen as we come in Fri eve or Sat morn when ever you say this thing starts or those who want to drive back down Sat Evening from the camping spot could meet up with those that got a hotel room in town to meet at the location. (there will be those who will want a hotel room)

This could be a parade of Brats or just meet with a 2 hr show, from campground down, to a specific location.... "Shock and Awe" baby....

I like camping and majority would probably like to gather, camp climb etc... and that may be enough, but just tossing ideas here.

Take a look around, think about it.

If it doesn't fit into your plan then so be it.

Sounds like your doing a great job piecing this together, it is a diffecult task, you can't please everyone.

Set the date, make the call and we will abide.

Regards.

Edited by Indrid cold

My brat just died... The motor siezed up on my way to get the new wheels for it. I hope to have a new motor in it soon I didn't want to miss this.

-Jake

Well, even if you don't get it done, I'm sure a member will gladly drag you

along or maybe even tow your BRAT :grin:

We'll help you get there.

And Indrid, I like your idea.

I didn't see anything like you mentioned when I was down there, but they do

have, I believe, "The Gorge" nearby, but its a national venue and may need

extra funds and specific planning to get into.

And as for oddball, unique stuff, there is a Cle Ellum Telephone museum :)

I'm not sure if its in E-burg or not, they didn't say, but here's the link.

Anywho, just throwing out ideas.

Twitch

Thanks Indrid, i see where your going with this. Good ideas

So instantly a place came to mind when i thought of a place to meet thats in town and what not.

Winegars Ice cream. Its a local shop that makes in my opinion the best ice cream ever, i go there every tuesday night for dollar scoop night :lol: its got a good size lot next to it for us to park at and its right on one of the main roads.

im thinking we can still have the "main" camping location up reecer creek outside of town. If you fallow Twitches link to the ellensburg chamber of commerce and look for Lion Rock thats the general spot.

actually i just thought of another thing. One of the most iconic thing to do here in central washington is a canyon run. The yakima river canyon is one of the best drives anywhere and its almost a must do.

ok so im talking enough but this is the plan that comes to my head.

-hold the event on memorial day weekend, three days gives everyone a chance to make it to something.

-Saturday, plan to meet at winegars ice cream at 4 to get some awesome ice cream, meet, greet, chat, ect.. then from there we can head out to the campsite or wherever you decide to stay for the night.

-Sunday before noon, we will meet somewhere in town (ill figure out a main area) and head out on a drive through the yakima canyon. Continue to yakima to the one place you have to eat whenever in yakima, Miners. Best dinner ever, enough said. after lunch we can head back to eburg and roll into town as a big group and park in a place and have the main car show shindig. Then from there if people want to leave do so, if people want to go hit some trails do so, if people want to head back to camp then yea.

-Monday, kind of leave when you want to

Anyways sorry for the long post, just getting thoughts out there. With a general schedual, What do you guys think??

That sounds great. I will more then likely miss the Saturday meet and greet(may show up sat night) but I would love to show up Sunday (provided I am up and running by then) and do the show and shine and Yakima run. So lets go for Memorial day weekend and stay at the camping site. I would be down for some camping, light offroading and a nice fire :grin:

Just my two cents.

Hello All,

New member from Montana. I am in the process of lifting my '86 Brat, and I'd be interested in attending the "Brat-fest"! It'd be about a 5-6 hr. trek for me to Ellensburg, but it sounds like fun! I will say this, a Memorial Day Weekend would be tough as many people already have yearly traditions on that weekend. Just my opinion...Bob

Hello All,

New member from Montana. I am in the process of lifting my '86 Brat, and I'd be interested in attending the "Brat-fest"! It'd be about a 5-6 hr. trek for me to Ellensburg, but it sounds like fun! I will say this, a Memorial Day Weekend would be tough as many people already have yearly traditions on that weekend. Just my opinion...Bob

Heh heh, you've never been to E-burg have you?

I'm not meaning to cause offense, but you're probably more like 11 hours from

Ellensburg.

I live about 5 hours away from Butte, and you look to be another hour or more

beyond that.

Last time I went to Ellensburg it was about a 4 hour drive, and that was

doing 75-80 mph the whole way.

So overall with the limitations of your car accounted for, you've got about a 11-12 hour drive, with minimal stopping.

But we'd still love to see you there :)

I'd like to meet another sube nut from over here.

Oh, and I would greatly enjoy a good camping spot with a nice fire and some

weenies and marshmallows to cook over it.

I'll bring the marshmallows!

Or at least what's left of the bag when I get there :lol:

Twitch

Hello All,

I will say this, a Memorial Day Weekend would be tough as many people already have yearly traditions on that weekend. Just my opinion...Bob

He has a good point..... campground full... familys spending time together... lots of cars on the HWAY'S....

.. Mothers day is 9th of May... no way there... so possibly weekends before Mothers day, we aren't scared of the cold and probably be left alone in the hills....

June 4th or 9th....... warmer...

good luck sorting this out or keep it on the Memorial day weekend.

Keep us posted.

Edited by Indrid cold

that is an excellent outline

winegars for ice cream social, canyon drive, miner burgers, drive back and camp

made that canyon run myself many times, its often ice free when the high road is treacherous also tubed and fly fished there (C&R for all you so inclined to do some fishing)

I'd come just to socialize with my RS and stay in Yakima

all that remains is to set some date, and I think it might be good to give winegar's and miner's a heads up so they can have some extra staff handy, just in case there is a big turn out