Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Possible Sell :(

So far im undecided... Im thinking about selling my '84 GL Hatch but i havent decided. Im in the Seattle area. How much could i sell it for??? its in pretty good shape currently, only some dings and dents on the exterior and a custom stereo w/o the custom speakers. Only the stock speakers are in.

4WD? 4 speed?

Assuming yes to both, what mileage?

If it's in decent condition, with less than 200k, I would say around $750 to $1000. Excelent condition with exceptionally low mileage - maybe closer to $2000. The Hatch is desireable for those wanting to lift them. But other than that there really isn't much market for a 1984 Subaru unless it's a Brat.

The problem won't be finding someone that wants it - the problem will be finding someone that wants it AND has the money. The thing is - they are worth a bit more than the other body styles to the right person, but most of those people are also cheap and will just wait till one shows up on craigslist for $250 with a bad clutch cable (how I got my '83)..... you are at a disadvantage because most of the people selling them have no idea they are worth anything, so it's still fairly easy in the NW to wait a few months and pick one up for cheap.

GD

I think the hatch's are going the way of the BRAT somewhat. But,they really need to be cherry. I sold a really nice one,like yours, to a guy back east for about $1400 and,he paid a grand to have it shipped out there.

If you truly want to find the right market for your Hatch,you need to advertise it Nationally. I believe good ones are desireable to folks who have money to burn. That's who your looking for.

All that said,I'll give you $40 for it.:grin: