Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Online parts soiurce? '84 brake parts

mkoch

Yup, Rockauto has a pretty good selection.

Also, the '84 should be the same as the '85-'89 EA81's ??? as well as the late '82 through '83 (early '82 had solid rotors instead of vented) not completely sure on that though, so it's best if you can find one listed for the '84. I know I got them from Checker Auto about 5 years ago when I owned an '84 (bought it as a "parts" car simply because it needed brakes)....

I don't know of the interchangeability from year to year, as mentioned above, but the part numbers for the '84 non-turbo are

Disks, front 7254 31090

Pad kit 7251 91074

I'll post a review of my experience with Rock Auto.

Thanks for the advice!

GD,

I had a 1980 with vented rotors.... it confused me cause the cat said and the shelf said non vented... I think a few might have made it in prior to that cutoff.

It got converted is what happened. '80 was three years before vented rotors came out. They had problems with them warping so when the car was still relatively new they were probably retro-fitted to it. The only thing that changes is the rotor, caliper, and bracket.

GD