Ultimate Subaru Message Board

question, how to blow a fuse

That would work. But I wouldn't get jumper cables so close together like that. One slip and boom goes your battery. Seen it happen not 20' from me. Not a pretty sight. I'd probably put the fuse in a fuse holder, nice long leads, then short those to the battery.

The easy AND safe way would be to drill a hole through the side to cut the connection - no chance of excessive current, inadvertent arc welding, etc. Just cut the narrow bit that connects the two tabs. I'd guess that a 1/8" drill would do the job nicely and leave enough of the body intact that it would hold together well.

this thread reminds me of how i used to identify which electrical circuit each receptacle was on. just short it out at the receptacle and then go look for which one popped.

not the safest or most high tech approach.

but really, why not just remove it??

I remember a friend in high school that had a "shorting plug". Whenever he didn't have his homework prepared or wanted to avoid a class, he'd bring the plug with him and find an outlet. He never did get caught. Some people are jsut weird.

If you remove the fuse you are asking for problems if you ever get in a wreck and someone investigates. Chances are, no one will, but if they find you deliberately removed the ABS fuse and therefore had no working ABS, they might make a stink and then you insurance company will fight it all the way.