Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Sigh, newbie question, parts yards for 2nd generation?

mkoch

I need a recommendation for a parts yard that will ship rear suspension components.

Thanks for any advice!

USMB members with stuff laying around the garage. that is your source :)

seriously, though, unless you have a local yard, that is your best option next to ebay, and folks sometimes will give stuff away to not have to junk it

What do you need?

GD

Specifically, 1984 GL 4wd wagon, for the Right, (passenger) side rear

Inner arm assembly 7210 70020

Outer arm assembly 7210 70400

Spindle 7232 28020

Are the suspension components the same on the 1980 through '84 4wds?

I guess I'll also need the bearings, and axles, but I have an idea where to get those.

80 through 84 should all be similar, yes. '82 through '84 for sure will fit as well as 85 to 89 Hatch and 85 to 87 Brat.

The spindle is the same as on EA82 4WD's as well as the bearing. The axles can use EA82 joint's and cup's if you have the shaft - it's shorter for EA81's.

I know of two EA81's at a yard close to me but both are FWD. I'll have a look for you at the other yards when I go.

GD

you *can* swap an ea82 control arm(85-94 gl, loyale, etc). You will have to enlarge the bolt holes on the pivot point of the tubular frame, and use the larger bolt. the 3 bolts on the side will line up the same. you will have to use the ea81 axles since the car is physically narrower than an ea82.

I would recommend doing this in pairs so the car sits even. they are all the same, but some turbo models have swaybar mounts

this is another option for you if you have to resort to it

I work at a wrecking yard in washington state, so I just pulled up a list of wrecking yards in the state of Missouri that had entire vehicles specific to your year and model

1) Craig Automotive-- Beaufort,MO 800-992-1918

2) Yancey Auto---Perry, MO 800-492-6239 shows that they have 3 84 GL'S

Hope this helps.