Ultimate Subaru Message Board

mud bogging loyale?

logang1k

why did the 4eat's in svx's blow? When I bought my 2005 wrx people talked like the 4eat was stonger than the 5mt. I almost bought one and put a good TC in it, but I love to shift. Well actually the wrx was my first manual transmission. So I loved the idea of shifting when I bought it. Now I love to shift.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know exactly, but IMO it was because the tranny wasnt designed to be used behind a 230hp motor and pull around a car that weighed 50% more than a fully optioned Legacy... Just overworked the trans. The solution seems to be to add an auxiliary tranny fluid cooler in front of the radiator, and keep up on the fluid and filter changes. A lot of folks who have done that have kept their stock trannies alive.

-Bill

Not really. The SVX's aren't lifted either. Turning 31's is going to be tough on any tranny, especially a 4EAT with 230 HP going to it already. Still probably going to break parts. 31's are tough on trannys. Weight is only a small part of your equation IMO...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...