Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Was that light on before the swap?

Does the light read "ABS" or does the light read "AirBag"

You didnt take out the center console airbag controller unit when you put in the shifter console for the 5speed?

The thing under the radio, in front of the shifter, is the airbag brain, with yellow connectors.

I just looked on my OBW (which is still apart) theres only one wire going to the dash: the passengers side airbag unit. Theres also another that snakes throught the center console that goes to the steering wheel (drivers air bag)

Checked powers to the plug at the air bag module...two powers present..

Thanks for the article find. What you do to get the codes:

1. go to the black diag. connector under the dash to the right side. This is the same plug to get TCU and ABS codes.

2 connect one of the black ground wires to the blue wire ( upper left side)

3. turn ignition on> code will flash> 12=ok..no codes

Sooooo I did this and NOTHING. Hmmmm I says to myself. Bad connection between the computer and the dash.... check connector. Plugged in but little green tab still out. Pushed it in and now everything is OK..

Thanks a TON y'all

So It took one week to do the swap.... there are a lot of small differences between auto and stick then throw outback vs legacy in there. Even the carrier bearing on the driveshaft is different. The legacy one holds the shaft further up in the tunnel.

The ABS light comes on after the car goes about 10 feet...I pulled the codes and got a 22 and 26. My diagram says rf and rr sensors. I checked the ohms and both front sensors are 1061-67. What next the rings?

No.

Physically inspect the sensors. They heed to be perfectly cylinder shapes. They tend to erode around the edges, then they dont have a good signal and will throw codes.

Tonerings dont usually break (it happens) unless they are disturbed (or a big pothole). Even then it would only be one.

nipper