Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Why bother going to the expense of changing the speedometer at all? Ever since Canada went metric years ago, every car sold in Canada has its speedometer marked in Kph as well as Mph. Its just that the Mph markings are somewhat smaller in size and inside of the concentric ring of Kph markings.

It doesn't take too long to figure out where the important speed markers are: 30Mph is 50 Kph and 60 Mph is 100 Kph and so on. Canadians have been doing the conversion for years. Every time I visit the states (just an hour from where I live to the border) I automatically make the switch to reading the Mph markers on the speedometer instead of the metric ones. It doesn't take too long to become used to it at all.

Why bother going to the expense of changing the speedometer at all? Ever since Canada went metric years ago, every car sold in Canada has its speedometer marked in Kph as well as Mph. Its just that the Mph markings are somewhat smaller in size and inside of the concentric ring of Kph markings.

It doesn't take too long to figure out where the important speed markers are: 30Mph is 50 Kph and 60 Mph is 100 Kph and so on. Canadians have been doing the conversion for years. Every time I visit the states (just an hour from where I live to the border) I automatically make the switch to reading the Mph markers on the speedometer instead of the metric ones. It doesn't take too long to become used to it at all.

You're right! just the mileage count will be in Km